Chapter 53

"Do they live in the pack house?" Jenna asked, as they stepped back out in the hallway.

"Yup, they're next door," he walked down to the a door and stopped.

"Oh." She frowned. It wasn't that she cared that they lived so close; she just knew werewolves had excellent hearing.

"Don't worry. The apartments are soundproof. They won't hear me make you scream in pleasure," he whispered close to her ear, enjoying the blush that appeared on her cheeks.

The door opened, and Daniel stepped inside, Jenna right behind him. She quickly found herself enveloped in a hug from both of Daniel's parents, before they claimed Noelle. She's going to be so spoiled.

She was surprised to see Daniel's Beta sitting on the couch with Matthew in his arms, though Talia was nowhere to be seen. Jenna looked the man over. He looked so familiar to her, though she couldn't place him. She hadn't paid much attention to him yesterday; she'd been too distraught.

He'd had his full attention on Matthew but suddenly looked up when he felt her gaze on him. He stared at her, and Jenna knew he recognized her too. His eyes glowed for a brief moment.

"Have we met?" she asked.

The room grew quiet at her question, everyone looking back and forth between her and Ragnar. His eyes narrowed. "Texas?"

Jenna tipped her head to the side. "At the cafe."

Ragnar nodded, taking a deep breath. "You.." smelled like my mate ".. were pregnant."

"You met her?" Daniel asked incredulously, staring down his Beta.

Ragnar glanced up at him and smiled. "No. I just saw her. She had everyone's attention. They unconsciously knew she was your mate."

Jenna glanced back and forth between them. "Is that why everyone kept bowing their heads to me?"

Ragnar smirked. "Yup." He looked back to Daniel. "I had no idea she was your mate though." And frankly, I was more distracted by the fact that her bag smelled like my mate, he linked Daniel.

Daniel looked at him sharply. Your mate?

It's complicated.

Jenna shook her head. That was also why they kept calling her Luna. She hadn't realized it until now.

They all chatted for a bit more, Noelle growing more spoiled by Charlotte and Caleb, until finally Jenna got the chance to talk to Charlotte somewhat privately. "Daniel said you used to be human. How was turning?"

"You're thinking about it?" Charlotte asked. She was cuddling Noelle in her lap.

"Yes." I've already made up my mind.

"Danny will have to give you his blood, and a few hours later, you'll have your first shift. It's really not bad, Jenna. And it gets easier. After you shift back, you'll sleep for a good twelve to fifteen hours."

Jenna stared at the floor for several moments. Did she still want to do this? She looked at Daniel and saw him watching her. She knew he'd heard their conversation. She gave him a reassuring smile, then turned back to Charlotte. "Where's Talia?"

Caleb and Charlotte's apartment was set up with the same layout that Daniel's was. Talia was in one of the bedrooms, and Jenna slipped in, closing the door behind her. The room was dark, the curtains drawn, and Talia lay on the bed, her back turned towards the door. Jenna crawled on the bed behind her friend and wrapped her arms around her. She felt Talia shake as sobs wracked her body. Her once beautiful, confident friend was just a shell of herself. They laid there for a while before Jenna finally spoke. "Daniel wants to talk to you about the funeral."