Chapter 42

The moment Daniel had asked for someone to tell Tyler, Charity had jumped at the chance. "I'll do it." She avoided everyone's gaze as she walked over to Tyler and took his hand, ignoring the tingles she longed to take the time to explore.

She heard his slight intake of breath when they touched. "What don't I know?" he asked, as she pulled him up the stairs.

Charity didn't reply. She stopped at the top of the steps and then followed Tyler's scent into his room. She closed the door behind them, then turned to him. She wanted to kiss him, but knew it wasn't the time. Given what she was about to show him, he may not want anything to do with her anyway.

She took a small step towards him. "Tyler, you're apparently the only one in the house who doesn't know, and given the situation with Noelle, among other things, it's time you did. What I am about to show you, you cannot tell anyone else ever, okay?"

Tyler crossed his arms over his chest, wondering what big secret she could be keeping that she would demand such a thing from him. Charity was perhaps the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and if the circumstances were any different, he might actually ask her out. He was drawn to her; he didn't know why. But if she wanted him to keep her secret, he'd keep it. "Alright."

"Please remember, I won't hurt you Tyler. No matter what. I won't hurt you," she said, as she stepped forward and cupped his cheek.

Tyler felt the tingles again and for a split second, wondered if it was static electricity. But no, it felt too good for that. He'd never felt such a thing before, but he liked it. "Alright."

She stepped back from him, and closer to the door, and then to his shock, she pulled her shirt over her head. Tyler's lips parted as he watched her hands drop to her jeans next and begin to undo them. He quickly dropped his gaze. The last thing he'd expected her to do was start stripping. "Uh Charity, what are you doing?"

"Hold on, you'll see," She answered. "Okay, I need you to look at me now. You need to see this."

Tyler reluctantly looked up. He was incredibly attracted to her, and was a little relieved to see that she had her back to him, though she was completely naked. He tried to not let his gaze move down over her rounded bottom, but the sudden cracking of bones stopped all of his lust filled thoughts, and he watched in shock as she fluidly shifted into a silver and gray wolf.

The wolf turned towards him and sat down. Tyler's jaw practically hit the floor as he stared at the beautiful animal. She was a wolf? A werewolf? He supposed that's what it was called. "Charity?" The wolf tipped her head sideways, her beautiful blue eyes meeting his green ones as she gave a small yip, followed by a whine.

Tyler knew he should probably be afraid, but he couldn't find it in himself to be so. "Can I pet you?"

She gave a yip again and laid down, belly crawling towards him. He stepped towards her, then knelt and ran his hands through her soft fur, feeling the tingles he was starting to associate with her. "You're so soft. Can you understand me?"

She nodded her big head at him, then gave him a lick on the cheek before moving away from him, and shifting back.

Tyler watched for a moment in amazement before quickly averting his gaze to give her a moment to dress. Her hand on his arm made him turn back to her. "What are you?"

"I'm a werewolf. I was born this way, so I've always been one. Everyone in the house, except your family, are all werewolves," She said quietly, watching his expression. If anything, he seemed more curious than disgusted, which gave her a bit of hope.

"Does that mean Noelle is one?" Tyler asked.

"She's half. If you like, once this is all settled, we can talk more," Charity asked hopefully.