Chapter 45

Virginia pack was located deep in the Blue Ridge mountains. The SUVs Daniel had rented followed each other up a winding one lane road until they reached pack territory. They had loosely came up with a plan, though none of Jenna's family was very happy about it.

They would do as Alpha Jason had requested, and only she, Daniel, and Charity would meet with the Alpha. The rest of the pack would wait near the border. The whole pack was confident that Jason would challenge Daniel, though Daniel said if Jason didn't challenge him, he would take the initiative and challenge Jason. Jenna hated that idea.

"Jason can't get away with kidnapping a member of my family. It would set a precedent. He has to die," Daniel explained, rubbing Jenna's hand. "I know it seems harsh.."

"No Daniel. I'm a very angry mother right now. That man stole my baby and insulted her, and now he wants to kill you. I'm not stupid. If he kills you, he will kill her because she has a claim to your throne. And if he harms one hair on my baby's head, or my mate's head, he's gonna have this angry momma to deal with," Jenna raged. "But I understand the ramifications of allowing him to live. I just hate that it has to be you that takes him out."

"She's going to make one scary werewolf," Charity laughed from the backseat.

"Who????" Jenna's eyes grew round as she turned around in her seat to look at Charity. Was she saying what Jenna thought she was?

"Char, we haven't talked about that yet," Daniel glared at his sister through the rear view mirror.

Charity glanced up from her phone and gave him a pointed look. "Not communicating made for a crappy last year, Danny."

Jenna glanced between the two of them. "Danny?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"My mom and sister call me that," he admitted. "In private. Jenna and I haven't really had time to talk about much of anything, Char."

"What does she mean?" Jenna persisted.

"I mean, Danny has the power to turn you into a werewolf if you so choose," Charity said, her eyes glued back to her phone.

"Talia said that wasn't possible." Jenna sat back, her mind running on overdrive now. If she could become a werewolf, would she want to? A year ago, yes, she would have jumped at the opportunity. After listening to Talia talk about werewolves for two years straight, Jenna had thought she would like to become one. But after the last year, she'd had to grow up quite a bit and now she had Noelle to think about.

"It's possible, but only I have the power to do so, and very few people are aware of that. It's not something we publicize," Daniel explained, glancing at Jenna. He wanted to smack Charity upside the head for bringing that up right now.

She needs the distraction, Charity linked him. "Dad does too."

"Yeah, as the previous Alpha King, my father also has the power to turn humans to werewolves," Daniel acquiesced. He could agree that Jenna could use the distraction. Jenna's emotions had been all over the place since the kidnapping, though now she was mostly angry. "My father turned my mother."

Jenna's gaze snapped to him. "Your mother was human?"

"Yup. But it's not something that you need to make a decision about now. Especially now. I'd rather we talk first about everything," Daniel pulled the SUV up in front of a large house and threw it into park.

"This is it?" Jenna murmured as she stared up at the huge building.

"This is their pack house." Charity placed her phone in her pocket. "And that giant dick standing on the front porch with his arms crossed is Alpha Jason."