Chapter 52

A few hours later, Daniel pulled up in front of the pack house. Jenna stared up at the beautiful log cabin styled home in awe. It was even more beautiful in the daylight. "Does the entire pack live here?"

"No, but most of them do. My pack isn't very big. There are more homes down that way." He pointed to a road that led into the woods off to the left. Jenna could just barely see more log cabins.

"But you live in the pack house." This was where he'd gone when he'd grabbed a bag last night.

"Yes. I have an apartment here. Are you ready?" He asked, reaching out to see how she was feeling. A little apprehensive, but otherwise she was calm.

"Yup, let's do this." Jenna opened the car door and slipped out, glancing around. She could see people moving about the property but for the most part, they didn't pay much attention to her and Daniel.

He got Noelle out of the car and slung her diaper bag over his shoulder before heading up to the door.

The entrance almost reminded Jenna of a hotel. There were a few couches, and a hallway going in either direction. Further back were elevators on either side. The back wall was glass and looked out over an in-ground pool.

"Our offices, meeting rooms, and guest rooms are down this hall," Daniel said, pointing to the left. "The dining room, kitchen, gaming rooms, and a theater are down this way." He pointed to the right. "There is a large gym and an indoor pool in the basement. The rest of the floors are all apartments." he walked over to the elevator on the right and hit the button. The door opened and he stepped inside, Jenna right behind him. "We're up on the fourth floor."

Jenna was quiet, remember the last time she was on an elevator with him. The elevator stopped and she followed Daniel out. He walked down to the end of the hall and turned a corner, then stopped in front of a door. He unlocked the door, and pushed it open.

Jenna followed him inside and  looked around. The room was large, with hardwood floors and colorful rugs. The log cabin feel was echoed throughout. A living room was to the left with a large sectional that took up most of the space, and faced a tv mounted above a huge stone fireplace. To the right was a modern kitchen with high end appliances. A table sat over by a large window looking out into the woods. Straight in front of her was a hallway, and she could see two doors to the right, two doors to the left, and one straight back.

"This is it," Daniel said, as he turned around to look at her. He felt apprehensive, wondering what she thought of the place.

She turned to him and gave him a big smile. "I love it. Show me the rest?"

"This way." He led her down the hallway, showing her the three bedrooms, two on one side and one on the other. One was set up as an office, while the other two were just unused bedrooms. "I don't use this office very much. I have another one downstairs with all the other offices, and that's usually where I work. Noelle can have one of these bedrooms." The last door on the right was a bathroom. Daniel walked to the door at the back of the hall and opened it. "This is my room."

Jenna walked in and looked around in awe. The room was quite large and had another fireplace in it. A king size bed dominated the room, with night stands on either side. French doors were located on the back wall and led out to a deck. The room was decorated in shades of blue, and Jenna found that she really liked it.

Daniel's phone ringing startled them both and he pulled it out of his pocket. "I need to take this," he said apologetically, stepping out of the room as Noelle began to fuss.

Jenna pulled her out of her car seat and glanced around. An overstuffed chair sat in the corner, and she settled down in it to nurse Noelle. "You're always hungry, aren't you?" She said to her daughter as she watched her greedily latch on.