Chapter 4

Bold = Spanish
Underlined= French

NariKim's story

Nari heard a loud thud coming from the hallway making her flinch

Nari heard a loud thud coming from the hallway making her flinch. It was probably her new neighbour. She heard several footprints in the hallways making her think it was probably a moving company.

She gulped down her coffee before leaving the cup in her sink and grabbed the black Chanel purse laying on the barstool at the end of the island and her camera.

Nari walked to her door before looking back to check if her apartment looked neat before walking out into the hallway. "Good morning." She greeted the workers before tuning to lock her door.

They greeted her back before focusing back on moving the boxes in the apartment. She trailed to the elevator and pressed the button that led to to the building's parking lot.

When she got to her car, she positioned her camera on her dashboard and started recording. "Hey guys, if you're new here welcome and if you are a returning subscriber, welcome back. Did you miss me? I'm sure you did." Nari said her usual intro in English.

"Judging by the title I'm sure you can tell that this is a vlog. To basically give you guys a run down of what's going to happen in the vlog, I'm going to work today then we're fetching Eunchae from school."

"And then after that we're going out for dinner. Tomorrow we're just going to hang out at my place the whole day so I might go grocery shopping." She explained looking straight into the camera.

Her breath hitched when a familiar car drove past her parking by the elevator. "Fuck." She muttered watching as the door by the driver's side open revealing the last person she wanted to see.

"Why the fuck does this always happen to me?" Nari whined switching to Spanish with a small pout on her lips. "I know what I'm going to do- I am going to get the fuck outta here." She deadpanned at the camera while she started her car.

Her gaze then moved to Jungkook who walked to elevator. She began driving out of the building with a focused expression on her face. "I'm not even mad because he's so hot." She laughed out.

"Future Nari, edit that out."

"Oh my God I was on a call with Alex yesterday and she mentioned how fast my following grew. Like I knew that but I didn't fully comprehend how much three million subscribers actually is." Nari rambled as she drove cautiously on the road.

"She was like, 'Jennifer do you realise how much three million is? Do I need to put it in perspective for you?'" She mimicked her best friend. "And that's exactly what she did."

Nari had known Alexandria since the beginning of middle school when she and her parents moved to New York. They had lived in Korea the first five years of her life before packing up a moving to Marseille, France for the next five.