Chapter 7

"Jisungie!" Nari exclaimed running in Matthew's arms. "I missed you, you whore." She said hugging him. The siblings were outside the airport reunited once more. Matthew would spend the weekend in Korea for their parent's anniversary.

The siblings were to drive all the way to the outskirts of Seoul where their parents lived on a small farm. They bought it when Nari started college and retired from work.

As a small tradition they would visit their parents every year for their anniversary and have dinner with them. No matter how busy either one of the siblings were, they would make time for their parents.

Nari and Matthew mostly grew up with just each other. Their parents would spend late nights at work trying to make enough money to make sure their children lived comfortably.

Their father, Junseo was the Chief financial officer at Samsung and their mother, Hwa-young was the Chief marketing officer at the same company. They were pretty high up in the company which meant their pay was also high.

They lived comfortable enough to live in penthouses and own sport cars but they never seemed to be there for their kids. Nari could count more times Matthew tucked her in bed more than her parents ever did.

She would remember how back in Marseille, she'd come back from school and Matthew would have to make her lunch and help her with homework while Junseo and Hwa-young were at work.

She partially blamed her parents for what she saw during her senior year of high school. Maybe if they didn't forget to fetch her from the library, she wouldn't have had to walk all the way home, take that shortcut in that alleyway and see what she saw.

At the same time, she was glad they were neglectful. Without them always being at work, Nari wouldn't have met Alex and spent every afternoon with her family and start picking up on Spanish.

"I missed you too." He muttered ruffling her hair. "Are you ready?" Matthew asked walking after Nari who lead him to her car. "Honestly? No, the moment I walk through that door I just know mom is going to ask if I'm in a relationship yet." She answered unlocking it.

"And then she's going to start trying to set you up on dates with her friends' sons." Matthew laughed. "I hate that so fucking much." Nari groaned out when they were in her car.

"This other time she asked me to fetch her from brunch because dad was too busy and the moment I walk in the restaurant first thing I hear is, 'my son would love you'." Nari explained driving away from the airport making Matthew laugh.

"Guess how old her son is."

"Twenty six?"

"Thirty six."

Matthew let out a gasp and covered his mouth with the palm of his hand. "You're lying." Nari laughed driving onto a road that stretched out. "I wish I was."

"I can't believe he's older than me, that's so scary." Matthew said looking out the window. "Immediately I was like 'nope! Not gonna happen' because think about it," Nari started.

"We're literally at different stages of life, I haven't even turned twenty five and he's already pushing forty."

"It's crazy." Matthew shook his head. "So, tell me all about Kendall." Nari said, a smirk adorning her lips. "She's amazing, obviously and im actually going to fly to LA after this and meet her family." He answered with a small smile.

"That's nice," Nari nodded. "So here's what you're gonna do, you're going to sneak into Kris Jenner's office and get me a couple of Skims bodysuits." Matthew laughed at this and shook his head.