Chapter 27

"'Cause baby it's a prime time for our love
Ain't nobody peekin' but the stars above
It's a prime time for our love
And heaven is betting on us"

Primetime by Janelle Monàe played through the speakers of Nari's Jaguar as she pulled into Seoul Olympic Stadium's parking lot.

Nari sang along while she parked closed to the exit. She was originally going to be driving to the stadium with Eunchae but she had decathlon practice so her dad would drive her instead.

Nari reached for her Prada tote on the floor of the passenger seat and took out her lipgloss, lip balm, glasses and scrunchie.

She quickly shoved those into her brown fuzzy micro bag and hung its chain over her shoulder.

After turning off her car and grabbing her phone from the glove compartment before getting out of the car. Nari checked herself out on the shiny reflection of her car door.

I look cute.

Nari was dressed in a blue pleated skirt from Tommy Hilfiger, a brown top she stole from Sakura's closet and a blazer she stole from Alex's closet. Basically, almost all of her entire outfit were stolen goods.

She still had on her lily charm necklace and her hair was down, still bleach blonde. She was planning to change that soon.

Maybe back to red. Or black.

Her phone rang in her hand distracting her from her thoughts. It was a FaceTime from Alex so she answered the call as she walked away from her car. "Hey ba- Is that the baby?" Nari exclaimed immediately awing

Alex's camera was pointed to a sleeping newborn baby wrapped in a powder blue blanket.

"Yes, say hi to Mateo, your nephew."

Nari bit her lip and looked up at the sky to blink away her tears. "I'm going to start sobbing, he's so cute!" She looked back down on her phone.

"When was he born?" Nari asked. "A few hours ago so while it was night for you." Alex answered flipping the camera back to her.

"Why doesn't he look like an alien? I swear he has good genes." It was true. Mateo already had a full head of hair and while his skin still looked red, he had soft features and full cheeks.

Alex laughed at this and tucked a hair behind her ear. "The nurses said the same thing," She answered. "He got it from his mamá."

"You did good mami. I can't wait to hold him and spoil him. How was the birth?"

"It was a fucking mess. I was in labour for thirteen hours and pushed for two, at some point I felt the urge to reach over and strangle Miguel for doing this to me. But it was all worth it."

"I'm so proud of you, you guys are going to be amazing parents." Nari smiled stopping behind a corner. "I'll fly to the states soon to see you."

"When?"

"Around May, Jungkook plans to take me to Monaco so we'll stop by New York for a bit." Answered Nari as she leaned against the wall.

"I would come with him to the states for the Grammys but I have scheduled surgeries that weekend."

Alex nodded in understanding, "I'll see you in May. Listen, I have to go take a shower while Miguel and Mateo take a nap. I'll talk to you again later."

"No problem. Say hi to Miguel for me."

"I will. I love you."

Nari blew kisses to the camera. "I love you too, bye."