Chapter 20

"Should I come to soundcheck?" Nari asked to which Jungkook gave her a look. "Why the fuck are you asking? Of course you should."

"Well fuck me for trying to respect boundaries." Nari faked offense. "What boundaries? Where you go, I go." Jungkook scoffed lightly pushing Nari closer to the water. Nari gasped and glared.

"What you see, I see." Nari held an imaginary mic in her hand before holding it out to Jungkook. "I know I'll never be me without the security." He joined in dramatically pulling Nari towards him.

Nari hid her face in his shoulder and laughed. "We're so corny, oh my gosh." Jungkook laughed with her and wrapped his arms around her.

They were walking along the Santa Monica coast watching the sunset. Nari had landed in California a few hours before. She complained about being bored so Jungkook suggested taking a walk on the beach.

Alex stayed in New York because she still had work. Her break only started a few days before Christmas so she was still very busy. Nari would have to go to the first two days alone before Matthew landed in Los Angeles.

"I love it." Jungkook breathed out bringing up a hand to hold her face. Nari gave him a close-eyed smile before he connected their lips. "I can never get used to this." Jungkook said.

"Used to what?"

"Being with you. You make me nervous every time I look at you, I feel like I'm sixteen again with a high school crush." Jungkook explained looking into Nari's eyes.

"Well, I get excited every time I talk to you. I feel so safe around you, I don't think I've felt like this since turning seventeen." Nari said watching the growing smile on Jungkook's lips.

"All this gives me more reason to go along with that song. I read the lyrics and I want to dedicated it to you." He brought her closer to himself. "You're sweetest," Nari muffled against his hoodie. "God, I love you so much."

"So are you planning to reveal us then?" She asked. "Yes, I want to show you off." Jungkook nodded. "I don't mind," Nari shrugged. "I feel like the internet would break." She huffed out a laugh.

"Oh definitely but I don't care. Hybe said to do whatever I want, which was their first mistake because now, I'm going to release a song about you."

"What's it called?" Nari asked as they continued down the coast. "Standing next to you." He answered. "The producer suggested we record after Day 4 of PTD LA."

"I'm proud of you."

...

It was finally the day of the first day of the concert. Jungkook got her tickets for the vip area so she was seated next to Halsey and other celebrities.

It was weird. 

Sure, Nari was used to hanging out with well-known people such as Neymar, her brother and some of the players in Neymar's teams but she felt out place with these ones.

It was like they were scared to cheer and sing while she was screaming her heart out with the select number of fans in the section. Nari was sitting next to a group of three fans and Halsey and they lit the section up.

Nari had an arm around the girl next to her, singing to SilverSpoon at some point. She was having fun. So when the end of the concert drew closer, it was only natural to use the last of her energy and sing.

Permission to dancing was booming through the stadium and Bangtan was on the stage sing and having fun. The cameras all over the stadium would show fans on the big screens and while Nari was singing it turned to her.