Chapter 8

Sigh.

Nari sighed probably for the tenth time since she stepped foot in the hospital. Don't get her wrong, her colleagues were extremely nice and the hospital staff were great, it was just the patients.

Actually just one. An elderly woman that only wanted to speak to Nari. Usually, she wouldn't mind it but the condescending tone the grandma used ticked her off.

"Do you want to try my daughter's diet? It worked well for her and I'm sure it will help you."

That set Nari off. She refused the offer with a tight lipped smile and put the chart down before leaving to the break room where she went to calm herself down. Nari didn't even need a diet, she felt good about her weight so why did a stranger feel the need to comment on it.

This is why she doesn't get along with old people. They constantly feel the need to give their input on something that doesn't even concern them.

Five hours into her call and she already felt like strangling someone. The door to the break room opened and Dr. Park walked in to see Nari drinking a bottle of water. "There you are," Dr. Park said. "I came in here to talk to you about something."

Nari sat straight up in her chair and nodded. "How do you feel about getting assigned to the paediatric ward for the rest of your call? The ward is understaffed so we need as much help as we can get." Dr. Park asked taking a seat in front of Nari.

"I don't mind," Nari shrugged. "What about Mrs. Kwan? She's only willing to talk to me." She asked. "We'll just tell her you clocked off." He said. "Okay no problem." Nari nodded closing the cap on her water bottle.

...

Nari was in her room changing out of her scrubs when a knock from her door was heard.

She grabbed the nearest piece of clothing and put it on which was a FC Barcelona hoodie she stole from Neymar's closet back in 2015. "I'm coming!" She called out rushing towards the door.

She opened the door revealing Jungkook standing with a paper bag in hand. She gasped at the name written on the bag and covered her mouth with her hand. "You did not!"

"I did! I got it for you." Jungkook smiled handing the gift to her. "I know I told you not to get me a gift but thank you." Nari said bringing Jungkook in for a hug. His arms wrapped around her waist causing the blue clothing on Nari to rise up.

"You're really the nicest." She muttered against his ear before giving him a squeeze and pulling away. "I researched the best gift to give to medical professionals and they popped up the most." He explained gesturing to bag containing Crocs.

"And I've been meaning to get them, you know." Nari said pulling Jungkook into her apartment. "I really need to go shopping for work." She sighed as they walked into her living room.

"Oh yeah, how was your first day back?"

"Horror," Nari laughed when his eyes widened. "Im lying but there was this one patient that kept making comments about my weight, I just ended up going to the paediatric ward."

"Let me guess, it was an ahjumma." Jungkook rolled his eyes sitting down on the L-shaped couch. Nari gasped before nodding, "How did you know?"

"They always feel the need to nitpick people's appearance, all the time." Jungkook claimed watching as Nari sat next to him. "It's fucking annoying, right?" Nari sighed.

"So annoying, this other time I was in Busan to visit my parents and my tattoos were out," He started. "Love your tattoos by the way." Nari interrupted. "Thank you. But my sleeves were rolled up and an ahjumma noticed them and went on a rant on how they were demonic and shit."