Chapter 39

20 weeks.

Nari and Jungkook were finally going to know the gender of their baby. She had reached the fifth month of her pregnancy and had her midwife appointment in a forty minutes.

She was in the living room of their penthouse waiting for Jungkook to finish getting ready. She read through her emails for what felt like the hundredth time that week.

"Jungkook, honey!" Nari called out to him. A few moments later, he walked into the room while running a hand through his hair as a way to tame it.

"Yeah?"

"Come," She pat the seat next to her on the couch. "I want to talk to you about something before we leave." 

Jungkook moved to sit next to her and hummed prompting her to continue. "Go ahead." Nari opened the particular email she wanted to show him.

"I got a job offer, as an attending." She said handing him her phone. Nari had been working as a fellow doctor for the past few months which meant less surgeries in the operating room.

But being an attending meant being more hands-on with patients while also mentoring a couple of first year residents up until the last year. Which would be weird considering she'd be the same age as them.

"I'm so proud of you, Jennie." Jungkook pressed a kiss onto her forehead. "So, are you going to take it?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Umh, it's in Monaco." Nari looked down at her hands. "I know we were planning to move to Marseille or Bordeaux but then this offer presented itself to me."

"No no, I like Monaco," Jungkook reassured her. "And I'm pretty sure it's a bit similar to those two. It's safer than here so why not?"

Nari looked up at him with a smile on her face. She really wanted that position.

"So we're moving to Monaco?" She asked. "We are, now let's go before we get late." He kisses her lips before standing up from the couch and pulling her up with him.

The drive to the midwife's office was long but they arrived just on time. Jungkook parked his car outside the office before they got out and walked inside. Seeing they were the only ones at the office, they were immediately called inside.

"Mr and Mrs Jeon, come inside." Their midwife, Areum, greeted.

A few minutes passed into the checkup and it was finally time to find out the gender. Instead of Areum, it was an ultrasound tech that was moving the wand over her barely visible bump.

"Everything looks healthy, though I have a few questions about the size of your bump."

"Areum said the position of my uterus is close to my back so the baby is uh- growing in my back." Nari answered with her eyes glued to the screen.

"I hope it is nothing serious." Chaeyeon said.

"Thankfully not, it'll just take more time for me to start showing." Nari glanced at Jungkook who was laser focused on the tv screen. "Thank goodness. Well, would you guys like to know the gender?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Could you put it in an envelope for us? We would like to find out together, at home." Jungkook answered taking Nari's hand in his. "Yes please." Nari nodded.

"Very well."

The drive back home felt quick, with the envelope on the dashboard of the car, Nari and Jungkook began discussing their future. They decided to move to Monaco and raise their baby there.

It was relatively safe rather than South Korea. The lack of paparazzi and deranged fans ensured the safety of their child. They were even undecided about announcing the pregnancy.