Part 14

Author's pov

Jungkook has searched everywhere, and had been turned down after not finding you there. He leaves a sigh, rubbing his forehead in anticipation. He could have never thought something like this would happen in his life. He was on the verge of crying any moment soon.

Then only he is reminded of one place, to which he thought you won't be there, maybe. Running at the speed of light, he unlocks the door, to be blessed by the sight of you, working on the treadmill, with earphones plugged in. A hefty sign leaves his lips again, and the high thumping of his heart calms down.

Taking further steps, he back hugs you, resting his chin on your shoulder. You stopped the treadmill and the sudden arrival of his caught you off guard and you flinched, which didn't go unnoticed by him. "It's me, I'm sorry." He whispers in your ear, giving a quick peck on the lobe of your ear.

"I was so worried, please never do anything like this! " His raspy voice gives you goosebumps, and his breath fanning over your sweaty skin, giving a tingling awe of chilliness. His grip loosened, as he turned you towards him.

He stares at you for a while, sensing that you weren't noticing it. This isn't your true self. He calls out for your name, but gets no reaction from you, seems like you were in some deep thoughts.

"-y/n? " "Huh? Ah, I'm sorry, I'll - " Without even completing your sentence, you leave him there dumbfounded. You have never behaved like this with him ever, and this was the first time he is seeing you behaving so distant with him.

The closeness he had been feeling you felt so distant today!

— next day

"Yeah, alright mom. We'll get it on our way, yeah. See you tonight then." He ends up the call, rubbing his forehead in anticipation.

Since last night, you had not been speaking with him which got him worried. Not like you were ignoring him, just something was off about you. He wanted to ask you what happened, but hesitated wanting to give you some space.

"You talked with mom too, right." He asks, once he sees you in the hall all ready to be off to work. "Yeah, don't worry, I'll clear my schedule for today."

"Alright, I'll pick you up." Then again it goes to all silence. He had noticed that you weren't even looking at him in his eyes, neither were responding to him. He was hella worried about this situation, and didn't know how to talk about it.

Dropping you to the hospital, with wordiness he let's himself drive to his destination. All day he couldn't still himself think about your behavior, and get worried more.

Parking the car in the basement, you both take the elevator to ride up to the destined shop to get the things your mother in law asked for.

It was the jewelry shop, where you were asked to get a gift from.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, we have packed the package as per elder Mrs. Jeon's order, we will get it for you. " The lady, who seemed to be the salesperson there, replied politely.

"We'd like to take a look around here too." Jungkook spoke, taking your hand and dragging you towards a counter, and asking you to take a seat.

His eyes wandered around the shining rings, pandals, bracelets and there were many couple jewelry too. He wanted to get something for both of you as a memory of the kiss few days ago. In fact, a jewelry named forever kisses caught his attention. He really wanted to get that, but wanting you to choose something for yourself was his first priority.

"Choose anything you like, I'll buy it for you. " "But-" "No buts, I said it and you are getting it! " The amendment in his voice was screaming, but you knew that you don't need any such things right now, if you want you can get it on your own either will ask him too. I'd be just a waste of money for now.