Part 17

Author's pov

Jungkook walks in his shared bedroom. He expected you to be ready as it was almost the time you both had to leave for the said party. But when he walks in, he finds you in your casual daily wear clothes, he was left amused.

"Y/n, you aren't ready yet? " He asks with a frown, the air in the room seems so tight.

"For what? Oh, you expected me to come with you?" He nods his head after hearing you. Unknowingly, he feels a thump in his heart which was almost like an attack.

"I just texted let's meet tonight, that didn't mean I accepted joining you! " He frowns again, not understanding what was coming up to him. This was maybe the first time he couldn't understand you, nah- this wasn't the first time, it's every time since last week he couldn't get any access to your brain nor to your heart which worries him more. And not to forget how hurt he always gets seeing you like this!

"Here-" You came forward to him, handing him the papers which you had been planning since last week.

"What's this? " He asks, not ready to accept anything right now.

"Read it yourself. " You said as you walked away from him, taking the luggage bag from the back side, making his eyes wide in shock.

He could feel his heart beating at a very fast rate, he might faint any moment soon. "Read it yourself, Jungkook. Oh- you want me to tell you what's that?"

"They are divorce papers! "

Hearing those words, he instantly loses those papers from his hand, never in his dreams would he want to divorce you, or let you go from him. He would never!

"Y/n- i think there's some misunderstanding. Let's- let's talk it out, this isn't any soluti-. " He mutters, breathing heavily.

"Fucking stop it Jungkook. I'm so fed up with that self of yours. Have you ever considered my feelings for once? Why do I always have to sacrifice myself for others, can't I live my life like I want? I never wanted to marry you in the first place, I was forced! And if you ask what was all that, the so-called moments between us, then better know it was nothing other than acting from my side."

"And now- I can't do it anymore. Set me free Jungkook, I want to breathe. I want to fucking breathe, it's so suffocating for me. I wanted to tell you all this since very early, I never wanted to hurt anyone, but guess what, in the case of not hurting others I was killing myself. But not anymore, please let go of me and don't ever come back in my life again. "

"Sign those papers soon, please! "

With those last words he saw you leaving him. His breathing ragged. He wanted to take steps further , but it seemed like he was chained up, he couldn't take any steps, his voice stopped, his throat hurted, his body was numb.

You didn't even turn back for once, or else you would have seen the most miserable sight of him. He was broken, with his sole. Only tears could escape his eyes and he kept on chanting your name like his life totally depends on it!

He fell on his knees, crying his heart out. All he did was to cry, his body which was too still to move gave up on himself, he tried- he tried his best to move and make you stop so he could once again ask for forgiveness- if he was the one's at fault.

With his wet eyelids falling down with heaviness, he finds himself in a dizzare. Everything is now blurry in front of his eyes and all he could do is to chant your name, with a thud sound he feels himself lifeless.

Opening up his eyes, he finds himself in his office room. The wet tears tainted his cheeks and the cold air from the a.c hit his cheeks giving a spark of reality to him. Yet, it took him time to realize it was just a dream- a worst one!