Part 16

Author's pov

Days turned into a week, neither of you know the reason behind the sudden distant happening between you both. Since that night, Jungkook had been awfully silent, like the way you asked him to be, but that undoubtedly bothered you,which you won't accept.

You felt that you were wrong, the feeling inside the heart was painful, guilt might eat you up anytime soon, but your mind took another path. Telling you things are very okay and should be like this. And letting your mind take over your heart, you are living a life being a total strangers with him.

About Jungkook, he felt like his world crashed down in front of his eyes, and yet he can't find out the reason neither can he break the shell you've created around yourself again which he once broke on the first meeting. Maybe, the shell which once he broke was weak, but this one isn't. Even though he has tried his best he just can't break it, and run to you.

All the past week, he just wanted a glimpse of you, heck he managed to have some sneakily, it was always when you were sleeping. He was going through alot, all he wanted was to see you smile and to talk to him back like you both were once used too.

He comes home very late, almost when he knows you would be sleeping, and leaves very early, he doesn't want to appear in front of you, not in a broken state. He's just making himself work more this body could, so when he gets back home, he just sleeps so that his mind doesn't have to think about you.

———

A very tired Jungkook just makes his way inside the mansion. The closck had already strike past 12, its been a kind of habit he has forced himself to come home late after the so called argument, so you don't have to face him, just like you said.

He was very hurt from your harsh act, to an extent that he felt himself drowning in guilt. He was much aware of his surroundings and you. And maybe, the sudden outburst of you was him. Did he not rushed his relationship with you? Maybe, he did. He did worked you up, causing you to want a break from him.

Man, how wrong he was!

Jungkook sighs deeply, his body hurts, his heart aches in a way he can't help. He wants to see you, have you around him, wants to hear your melodious voice just for once if he can, wants to held you in his embrace, wants to be in your arms, having nothing but your warmth.

His eyes want to devour your smile, your face, he's deprived of this, deprived of everything about you, he's deprived of you!

Slowly and with a steady walk, he's into the room where he finds you sleeping. The other pillow probably being hugged by you in your sleep, how badly he wished he was the one being hugged instead of that goddamned pillow!

He wants to take steps further, till he can be near you, besides you! But he can't, he won't, his legs might give up anytime and he'll fall down on the floor. Or maybe, his heart isn't yet ready to have you go all harsh on him, ever since that night his heart has been yearning for you, for your soft side, for your bright smile. Oh, how more he's gonna suffer, his poor heart is too weak for you!

With that, before a lone sob escapes his mouth, or his heart melts at your sight and gives in, and he walks forwards, where his heart just wants a glimpse of you, a touch of you, and he gives in that, he might get you wronged all again, he doesn't want to, no he can't- he walks out of the room as he doesn't sleep there anymore, he walks back to the guest room, the dark and lonely thing takes over his body and heart.

He changes after taking a cold shower, and tries to sleep. But sleep nowhere in his eyes, neither in his brain, just some thoughts and you were there.