Part 23

Author's pov

Jungkook lets you cry in his embrace, as he pats your back and snuggles you more. After the incident he asked whether you wanted to go home back but he knew that you wanted to be somewhere else, somewhere which is closer to your heart.

Staying with you, he knew your sister was your everything and after you lost her you have become cold inside out. You never wanted to feel things neither you could.

He had taken you to your place, Dobongsan. The high mountain cliff, the cold breeze, the starry night sky, the moon shining. Everything felt so surreal.

His heart clenched seeing you cry like that, he could console you too but he knew you needed to let your feelings get out of you in the way of tears. You had always let your feelings out in the form of tears, and he remorse of not being a help to you not knowing what a great support he was being today.

“It's alright, sweetcake. Can you tell me what happened so that I can help you, huh?” He asks, holding you ever so gently.

“I- i feel so guilty, kook. I shouldn't have talked to her like that, it was my mistake. I - I did so wrong.” Yes, you felt guilty about the words you spoke to your mother. She was just being considerate towards you but you took it wrong, or maybe it just happened wrong.

“Unless I know both sides I can't say who's right and who's wrong, so don't blame yourself. And I know there must be a reason behind this all. If you want to share it with me, you can always. You have me.”

He is hesitant. He still doesn't know whether you want to open up with him or not. He doesn't want to force you, neither he is intending to. He just doesn't want you to feel all that pain for yourself, you can keep your happiness and not share them with him but he can't stand seeing you in pain and being of no help.

“My sister, I shouldn't have talked about her.” You mumbled in the crook of his neck and a very unknown shiver ran down your spine.

He didn't speak, he remained silent. Because he didn't know that part of the story, he can't judge it. Instead of sprouting some nonsense, he should remain silent. And you understood it.

Taking out the neck chain from inside of your top, you showed it to him. It was a pink colored heart between a golden heart. It belonged to your sister.

“This- this belongs to Eunbi. It's hers.” That makes you only tear up more, the feelings hidden inside your heart might explode today. It was heavy, you were burdened.

Seeing you like that, Jungkook places his lips over your forehead, a way to calm you down whenever you feel low. He's good at this, at making you feel safe and loved.

“You might have heard a lot about her and me from others, I don't know if they were true or not, maybe you might have that image of us-”

“I don't care, I told you and I still am telling you, I don't care what others think and call you. You matter to me like who you are, we all have mistakes in our life, we aren't saints. And whatever you say, I'll believe you, my love.”

“Eunbi, she was in love with a man. But dad arranged her marriage with someone else, it was just for the sake of business. She tried calling off this marriage by telling mom about this. But she didn't listen to her. Unnie even begged dad, but everything came out as a loss to her.”

“She thought of confronting her fiance, but it was of no use. He was out of the country and she never got the chance. She tried everything, but she lost at the last. Our parents didn't agree for her love because he wasn't settled, he was an orphan, and they thought that she was too young to know the world yet.”