Part 22

Author's pov

Jungkook just came out of the bathroom, after taking a quite relaxing bath. He hears some phone ringing noise, making him wonder whose mobile phone has been blowing up early in the morning.

Following the steps of the so-called ringing, he finds out it's your mobile with your mother almost calling for the sixth time already. He wonders where you were all this time. Moving his eyes around the room he doesn't find you anywhere, making him prominent that you weren't inside the room and maybe that's also the reason for your mobile phone being blown up.

He picks up the mobile and answers the call. “Hello? Y/n?” He hears your mother speak from the other side. He clears his throat before answering. “Aunt, it's me. Jungkook.” It's the first time he's speaking to your parents after the marriage, it's been a month since your wedding and he hasn't even met them after.

“Oh, dear. Don't call me aunt, please. I'm also a mother to you. How are you doing son?” The sweet voice of her reminds him of his mother, well his mother always talks to him in quite a harsh way. Don't get him wrong, he always gets scolded by his mother. A small chuckle lifts his mouth reminding the memory of last night how he got scolded for no reason.

“I'm fine, au- mom. How are you and dad doing?” He speaks quite formally, he is scared from inside too.

“We are also doing good. Son,we were wanting you both to have dinner with us, if you are not busy tonight,why don't we have a family gathering?”

“Sure mom, that's a good idea. I think Y/n’s also missing you both, so it'd be good. We will surely come.”

“ Son, where's Y/n?Can you please pass the phone to her, I've been trying the call since eternity and that girl-”

“She's maybe in the kitchen, I'll pass the phone to her.” Saying, he walks down the stairs and finds you right inside the kitchen emerging from some work.

He stands behind you, making you flinch as you feel someone's presence behind you. Turning you found him smiling at you.

“Ah- you scared me kookie.” The wide eyes, the pouty lips, the red rose cheeks, the messy hair, hands coated with some flour, and the messy kitchen. You looked so ethereal to him. So so!

“It's your mom, your phone was blowing up.” The dullness of your face after hearing him didn't go unnoticed by him. But he shrugs it off, maybe he was just overthinking? You took the phone from him not before washing your hands and he walks out of the kitchen pecking your cheeks and giving you some privacy. And he still needs to get dressed too, remember he's just in a towel!

“why weren't you picking up my call? Is everything good between you both? Don't tell me that something happened? But Jungkook just now talked nicely with me?”

“Mom- wait? Do you think of me as a trouble maker? And I was busy, how would I take your call?”

“Busy with what? You stay at home 24/7 and you don't have time to pick up the call? To talk with your own parents?”

“What do you mean by staying at home all day? I do have a job, if you remember. And you say it as if you guys even like to talk to me!” The last line was a whisper.

“Are you continuing your job? Why? Does your husband not earn enough? And what about the Jeon family? They are letting you do that? They don't have any problem with it?”

“Mom, please. It's my choice to continue or not and all they do is to respect my decision. And no more conversation about this, please. Tell me why did you call?”

“Uh- never mind. As long as you are happy and they are treating you nicely, you can do whatever you want. Also, I was told dad has asked for a family dinner. We haven't even welcomed your husband at our place for once. So, why don't you guys have dinner with us tonight? I asked Jungkook and he said he wasn't busy, so don't make any excuse later.”