Chapter 1 - First Day Gone Wrong

Good day! :) This is my first time writing a story so bear with my mistakes and comment below if you noticed something wrong. I would appreciate it if you would not stop reading this because of my bad writing.

If you find any grammatical error, kindly comment about it so I can take further action. *salutes* Thanks!

So without further ado.....

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 1 - First Day Gone Wrong || Cassidy's POV

"Shut up and drive."

"Whoa, hold on there. We don't want to start this morning by cussing, do we?" Clarissa, my best friend, says. She starts the engine and drives away from my house.

"That's what you get for sleeping on the wrong side of the bed." I roll my eyes. The houses passing by us fast. Clarissa pushed down on the pedal.

I don't see why someone would say 'Good morning' when clearly the sky isn't that nice and most people are grumpy in the morning.

"Whose fault is it now?" Reese, my other best friend and my partner in crime, asks. He sat comfortably in the back seat, taking up most of the space by spreading out on the seats. .

"That stup-" I was cut off by Clarissa's screaming.

"Holy cheese sticks over mercedes benz! " She stops the car unexpectedly making us all jerk forward.

" Clarissa!" I hiss, "If it weren't for the seat belts, we could have been thrown through the glass and would have probably ended up smashing our heads on that electric pole just like the girl from The Vow!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands around to make a point.

" A cat ran out of nowhere!" She argues back. I glare at her as I put my hands over my heart, dramatically taking deep breaths.

"Girls, as much as I love to be entertained by a cat fight, can we please get to school? The cat is safe. We are safe. Everything's dandy." Reese explained, smiling at us.

Clarissa and I nod in agreement. I mutter a quick sorry under my breath so they can't hear. I rarely apologize for the things I do. Because I'm often right , not to boast or anything, but it's always the other person that apologizes and not me.

The conversation goes back to normal after the awkward thing Reese started by talking about the weather and the sun is very bright today, which it's not and I made sure he knew that.

Clarissa parks her car closer to the school gate. We roll our eyes in unison as we see Stella, the queen bee, and Josh, the quarterback of our football team, making out right in front of the school.

This is such a cliche moment.

"Could they be any more inappropriate?" I scoff as we walk to our lockers and greet our friends that we haven't seen all summer." How's your first day of school so far ?" someone asks behind me as I open my locker.

"Oh, hi Beth! It's going fine, and yours?" I smile back at Beth. . She is our school's leader for this academic year.

"Fine, just preparing for the remedial later for Geometry," she says, her green braces now showing. Her once short brown hair is now longer and tied up, making her looking even prettier. She spoke as if it were nothing, she was in the math team after all.

"You're doing another remedial this year?" Clarissa pipes in, not looking at us. She stuffs her books into her bag and then looks up. Our lockers can easily be chosen, first come first serve. The last person to arrive on the first day of school gets stuck with the most unpleasant locker for the rest of the school year. It's a good thing we found three lockers vacant that are decent enough for us to endure. It didn't matter as long as we were close to each other.