Chapter 12 - Wrong Choice of a Girl

Hey, it's me again! I'm still the same old, how bout you?  Oh, you want to continue reading? Oh, okay. *silently leaves*

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 12 - Wrong Choice of a Girl || Connor's POV

"Where's Cassidy?"

I shrugged and just ignored Xavier's question. I followed Laura to check if she still needs my help.

I didn't look back at Xavier, knowing his question didn't really matter much. Or so I think. I remember him looking at Cassidy and I when we were joking around and I gave him a confused glare. I have to keep an act while my friends are in sight so I acted like how I usually am.

I remember looking at Xavier who looks bored to death; he kept on looking at the clock near the score board. I saw him giving glances at Cassidy, which confuses me why.

When I was off the hook, I walked towards the guys. I can faintly here Josh's voice as I came nearer.

"Dude! That was awe-some!" Josh laughed.

"Can you tell me what a nacelle means?" Jack asked curiously at Xavier.

"That was so entertaining. I can't believe we agreed on helping." Asher yawned.

"I bet you grew some muscles by running today, Nick." Xavier smirked at him.

I can see some drops of sweat on Nick's forehead and he quickly wiped them off. He smiled at the guys and showed his muscles.

"Thanks, I've been working out, clearly." He winked at Xavier.

"Dude, take a hint. I know that boys find me even more attractive, no need to remind it to me again." Xavier slapped Nick's head in the back then the guys laughed at Nick's flirtatious gay act but the attention was diverted to me when they noticed I entered.

"How's being an assistant there?" Josh asked me.

"I've been a calculator and a messenger, how's with you guys?" I smiled. It's not as easy as it sounds; I have to double check all my calculations to make sure. Plus, Laura always keeps me busy on the first round but lets me off afterwards. I wouldn't deny that I'm passing the orders to Cassidy sometimes because I just can.

I gave Xavier a glance then saw him rubbing his neck. He's weird today.

"I've been running all day meanwhile these guys have been busy on shouting at each other," Nick did the handshake with me.

Xavier gave me an irritated look but I ignored it. I'll just ask him about it later.

"How was your once in a lifetime moment? I told you that you're going in there." Asher sat on a chair and looked at Xavier.

"Dude, why did you let me down?" Jack looked at Xavier with puppy-dog eyes.

I laughed at the guys as they joke about Xavier being a judge and I took this moment to remove the bad vibes with Xavier.

Cassidy's POV

"Please?" I begged.

"Ugh, fine! But don't go all whiny at me when I bring Lucas with me," Clarissa warned.

"Yes! Thank you. I'll be waiting outside." I smiled at myself.

I hang up as I walked quickly outside. Before I left, I told Laura and Connor that I'm going home already and I have something to do so I need to go home quickly, which is a white lie. I am doing something when I go home.