Chapter 18 - Desdenians' Reputation

Hey, uhm, it's me again. *cricket sounds*

Did you enjoy last chapter? I just want to say thank you for reading this far and I hope you will for this one! 

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 18 - Desdenians' Reputation || Cassidy's POV

I looked at my paper again before passing it in front. I think it's okay. I know it's not that good base on what people say, just because I'm a nerd doesn't mean I am good at English. Or essays.

Sometimes I get to be so into what I am writing that I get to write some things that are personal. Like when I was nine, I wrote something about losing a pet turtle of mine, which is my first and last pet in my whole existence since I learned that I hate losing something or someone I love. Or when I was twelve and I wrote about someone giving me my first Valentine flower, of course I didn't write whose it was from. But, just between you and me, it was Sasha. Sasha's not that rich, but also not that poor since she always sends money to her family.

"Chop chop!" Mrs. Ross said once again as she collected the papers that we all written.

"By the way, you haven't told me where you are going this Winter break." I whispered to Clarissa when I saw Mrs. Ross was busy collecting the papers. I don't think it would be disrespectful talking to your classmate when your teacher is not lecturing.

Clarissa bit her lower lip as she tapped her fingers on her table.

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked, wondering if I said something.

"I'll... just tell you later," Clarissa mumbled as I looked at her with worried look.

I wondered what happened to Clarissa. I mean, I thought I was the only one having problems with the whole 'trip.'

For all I know, Clarissa always go around the world during breaks. Ever since Lucas came into her life, she always brings out the best and worst in her. She would hate it whenever plans are ruined because the family should go all together on the trip and not leave anyone behind. Clarissa has always wanted to go to places like Italy and Paris, but the trip doesn't fit with Lucas so that trip is cancelled. She would rather go to places like Disneyland, instead.

Sometimes she would tell me stories on how silly Lucas is at home. He would laugh for no reason and everyone on the room would laugh. It makes no sense to adults but perfect for the little kids. They always keep on smiling, as if there are no problems in the world, which made Clarissa happy for no reason sometimes.

I looked at the clock and it's minutes away before the class ends. The thought of having English next hurts my neck, but remembering that the Principal told me to go to his office after school makes me worried.

"Tomorrow is the last day of our class for this whole year. I will be giving back your papers by then, and I expect a lot of stories when all of you come back. Good bye, class." Mrs. Ross removed her glasses, which she always does whenever she would say farewell after class.

"Good bye, Mrs. Ross," we all said simultaneously.

It's very rowdy whenever you exit the class, which is typical here. I waited a few seconds before standing up and exited along with Reese and Clarissa.

"Speak," I ordered as I cornered Clarissa whilst having Reese beside me, not knowing what is happening.

"Okay. But don't give me those weird looks after I told you guys about what my trip will be." Clarissa said as she fixed her hair, ready to make a speech.