Chapter 22 - Walking Away

I haven't been to Italy before so I'm guessing that all of this would be pure inexperienced. If you guys would like to help me out and point out my mistakes, feel free! 

 ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 22 - Walking Away || Cassidy's P.O.V.

When I came back to the tree, which I left Clarissa and Reese to take care of, I was thrown with questions at the same time.

"Where did you go?"

"We were looking for you."

"Did you see what happened?"

"Did anything happen?"

"Did you go to the washroom?"

"I told Reese I checked you there but he told me that I was just covering you up."

"Did you go to the clinic?"

"Tell him that I didn't lie, Cassy."

"Are you hurt?"

"Do you feel dizzy?"

"Wait, I think you're hot."

"You're pale!"

"No, she's not. It's because the sun is directing at her."

"Oh my chocolates, you're sweating. You're going to have a heat stroke."

"Why can't you talk?"

"Are you suddenly deaf?"

"Cassy, are you alright?"

My head was spinning with their questions. I took a deep breath and put my hand in front of me, motioning for them to stop talking.

"I heard screaming. I saw bully. No more bully now. I'm here," I said simply.

They must have been expecting some kind of answer that I rushed to the clinic because I feel like I'm pregnant or I hid in the bathroom because nature is calling.

Well, they seemed taken aback by my answer. The bell rang, making the three of us changing the conversation and hurrying to class.

I opened the door knob and I can hear silence. Pure silence. A silent that is much scarier than noise.

"Hello?" I inhale the familiar smell of the house, which smells nothing like my parents.

"Good afternoon," Sasha greeted me.

"I'm just going upstairs," I said and then I slowly walked to my bedroom. One step. Two step. Three step. Is Mom home? Four step. Five step. Nope, I didn't hear anything. Six step. How about Fa--? Seven step. No way. If Mom's not home, Father's chance of--, seven step. Eight step. Nevermind. Nine step. Should I tell them about—Ten step. Last step. Or not.

I close the door behind me and smell my bedroom. Slowly, I walk to my closet and open it. Immediately, I saw my old luggage. I picked it up and opened it silently.

I packed my clothes which I picked out without caring, I mean, I have no one to impress really. Then I packed my shampoos and stuffs on a small bag and a hair dryer. I readied my passport, notebook and a pen on my handbag and I took my favorite jacket, a black and white jersey, out so I won't forget to bring it tomorrow. I mean, I don't really need to bring anything to Italy. They said they will get us a five-star hotel so I think they have some other things that I don't have to bring on my luggage.

There. All packed. Wait, I think I'm forgetting something.

Oh, yes.

Wait, what was it that Cassy always told me to bring on my pocket or purse if I'm going out. Is it lipstick? No, I don't think so. Or mascara? Hm, no. I shake my head as I eliminate what I am going to bring on my luggage.