Chapter 21 - Remembering The First Day

Looks like someone's developing feelings toward someone already!

I guess it will be the same on this one ;)

What is it that Xavier doesn't realize yet?

Find out! ;)

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 21 - Remembering The First Day || Cassidy's P.O.V.

I looked at my paper again. And again.

I looked at Mrs. Ross but she was smiling at all of us. Then I looked at my paper again.

Did I miss a class or something? I looked at my paper closely.

To a good trip with Connor, Merry Christmas!

I mean, did she find out? Was she watching live when we were at the fashion show? Was she even at home at that time? Usually teachers go home after three hours when the school ended.

I looked at Mrs. Ross again. She must have noticed my odd behavior when she looked at me in the eyes and smiled.

I smiled weakly back.

When I heard Mr. Ricarpo's speech, it made my stomach worse.

I'm excited to see the photos that we did yesterday. I want to see the smiling faces of the kids, the excited expressions and the hungry eyes.

Today is the most confusing last day for winter break ever. I mean, usually when it's last day of the break, we would go crazy and make the teachers give up teaching and let us go noise around.

How could I go noise around with my friends when I have two problems?

One, Mrs. Ross is one sneaky teacher. Two, Mr. Ricarpo has a one sneaky photographer yesterday.

The bell rang, making all of us impatient to get out of the classroom as soon as possible.

"Have a Merry Christmas, kids!" Mrs. Ross smiled to us, this time, her teeth was showing. She has nice, white teeth for a person like her. She removed her glasses and hummed a Christmas song.

I put the paper inside my bag and closed it.

"Isn't your bag a nightmare," Clarissa said once I stood up. I know that I don't fix my bag as often as the others do but as long as I can still find things I needed at my bag, then I won't be cleaning it anytime soon.

"You won't find anything like it," Reese cheerfully said.

"Come on, I want to see the pictures outside." I motioned them to follow me and they just rolled their eyes.

Last night, I did a three-way phone call and told them my night at the village. The three of us fell asleep at two in the morning after the phone call. I didn't tell them about riding with Connor on the way home since I know Clarissa was over it and it would make things worse since Reese might use it against me whenever I bring out a topic about him and Jessie.

"I promise you, no one's going to see those pictures earlier than us," Clarissa scoffed.

That's true. No one really looks closely at the pictures but now, it will change. For me, that is.

I wonder if they pictured us having a prayer and all of us eating dinner together.

When I finally came to the board near the gate, Clarissa was right. No one was there. A smile formed on my face when I saw pictures of volunteers teaching the kids on the chalkboard that we brought on the truck. There were a lot of hands raised on the other picture. The picture beside it probably is the kid who answered it right and got a prize. I wonder if that's the one we packed that included school supplies or is it a new pair of slippers.