Chapter 20 - Confused

Finally! A one, full chapter on Xavier's perspective! :)

Hope you guys liked it!

By the way, Jaigara is a made-up name I created for the place where the village is =)

Without further ado . . .

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 20 - Confused || Xavier's P.O.V.

After the long trip, all of us fell asleep at the truck. It was obvious that all of us were tired.

I woke up when I realized that we were now at school and the rocky road reminded me of the front gate of the school.

Soon, the others are awake and when the truck stopped, all of us jumped out slowly, feeling tired.

"Thanks," we mumbled to the driver. I went straight to my car and unlocked it.

I saw the guys and waved at them. "Dude, want to go to the bar?" Nick asked me.

"Tired. Sorry." I smiled weakly at him.

"No problem." Nick smiled back and he followed the other guys. I guess they're really not that tired since they're going to the bar that we often go that even people less than eighteen can go. Except there are no alcohol. But there will be what the guys look forward to; the girls.

I heard the engine roared and quickly drive my car.

I didn't notice how Cassidy went home since I was very tired.

I looked back at the school and saw Connor's car is behind me. I also saw Cassidy walking on the pavement but stopped when Connor was calling her. Cassidy looked kind of pissed when she opened Connor's door and sat beside him.

I can feel my fist turning white as I realized that Connor was giving Cassidy a ride home.

Aren't they getting a little close?

I thought Connor and I had a deal. We told each other to lay our hands off Cassidy. Even though it was really stupid, Connor and I would tell each other if something is wrong.

But I guessed it's not the same anymore.

I looked back at the road and started driving towards home.

"I'm home," I shouted then quickly went to my bedroom.

I closed the door behind me and quickly grabbed my homework before I forget it. Suddenly, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in," I said without looking at who it is. I opened my book and quickly opened to the page of our book report.

"Honey, where were you all night?" My mom came in and sat on my bed.

"Oh, I thought you received my text when I told you I was with my friends," I said nonchalantly. I opened my table light and started highlighting.

"I didn't," my mom said silently. I turned to look at her and noticed her sad voice. I felt my stomach twist and flashbacks returning.

"I'm sorry I didn't call you instead. We went to eat dinner together with my friends and I'm home safely. Don't worry about me, Mom." I smiled at her.

She smiled back and hugged me. I closed my eyes as I remembered the accident five years ago.

"Okay. Next time tell me, okay?" My mom told me before she left my bedroom.

I sighed as I hate myself for not making sure Mom received my text.