Chapter 16 - Passione Per La Moda (Passion For Fashion)

This is the continuation of the fashion show and more surprises to come!

BOO! Surprise! Oh, it was cheesy? Sorry.

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 16 - Passione Per La Moda (Passion For Fashion) || Cassidy's POV

"To the genius person behind everything of this, Ms. Bridget Brown!" Everyone around me clapped, including me. I could not be more thankful that it was the end of the fashion show. I heard others screaming and giving more applause as Ms. Bridget Brown received a bouquet of flowers.

"Now, we're close to the end of the show but before it really ends. There will be a raffle containing every guest on the audience's names on this very box." Everyone awed in surprise. They were looking at each other and asking what the price might be. I looked at Clarissa if she got any idea about this but she didn't bother look back at me. Her eyes stayed on the host's hands, which is roaming around the transparent box that is filled with names.

I rolled my eyes, wanting all of this to be over so I can leave this place. This is a déjà vu like what happened at the Elementary Spelling Bee.

"Are you guys ready for the winners?" the host asked. The audience cheered. I did too, less enthusiasm, that is.

"If there's always a raffle after every fashion show, I would totally go here every now and then," I heard some guys behind me said.

"I thought it was the end of the show," I whispered to Reese who seemed to have more attention to the surrounding than the raffle itself.

"I know. I couldn't be happier to leave," he complained. The audience cheered and hoped that that their names are chosen. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I thought of waiting another ten minutes before leaving.

"I bet that you're going to win an outfit or something relatively to fashion," I mumbled.

"Duh," Reese joked and nudged my shoulders. The lights on the stage seemed to be going off and on, making effects.

"The first winner is ... Connor Jones! Please come on the stage," the host welcomed.

"No way, seriously?" Clarissa whined.

The guys behind me, I realized, was them. The people who I tried to avoid. I still can't believe that they are in the same place as I am. I mean, out of all places, why here? Don't they hang-out somewhere and eat and chat there? How come I just saw them across the runway and now they're behind me? Rather than laughing at the thought of someone like Connor won a contest like this, I was busy thinking on why I have to be on the same area as them.

"Go up there, man!" someone encouraged. I heard a deep voice saying no and something being shy, but it didn't sound like Connor.

"I see him! Join me on the stage." The host pointed at the direction behind us, everyone turned around except me. After five seconds of feeling everyone's eyes indirectly on me, I followed them looking at Connor.

The spotlight was on Connor as the light behind us was on him. He covered his eyes and walked towards the stage. Everyone cheered and praised him. Okay, how did they all know Connor's face would be? He might be the guy who has long dreadlocks hair who is on the right side of the room or the small kid that is holding onto his mother's hand.

"Now for the second winner, I think it's time. Connor, the first winner, will pick a name on this very box and I will read it, is it okay for everyone else?" the host asked. Everyone cheered again. I looked at the clock and it says 7:01pm.