Chapter 6 - Tank Tops and Short Shorts

I try to make it longer and more interesting but this is what I came up with, no disappointments I hope! Enjoy :) And thank you for reading!

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 6 - Tank Tops and Short Shorts || Cassidy's POV

I was confused at what Mrs. Ross asked me. She gives me a serious look and I think about the things I probably did to other people and how I look every day. I couldn't help but laugh at her question. 

After having tears escaped from my eyes, I wipe them off before turning serious when I saw her scowling at me.

"Sorry," I mumble.

"So?" she asks, waiting for me to answer her.

"My answer might surprise you, but... I am a straight female," I finish. Maybe some other girls would take her question as an insult, but I don't really care what they think about me. I don't live to impress everybody. I learned it in the hard way when I knew I could not be enough to let my parents spend a week with me alone without talking about their work.

"Oh. I just noticed while I was looking at the papers written on you, I saw a lot of.... judgmental about how you look," Mrs. Ross says.

I assured her that nothing is wrong with me and I am a girl, just not girly girl, but a girl nonetheless.

"Spill," Clarissa says when we walk far enough from the class. There goes nothing, hopefully Connor is not around so he will never know that I even bothered talking about him to my friends.

I told her about what happened. I learned that I should not keep secrets about those from best friends because that's what they are for, after I told her and Reese what happened the night with Connor. I didn't really put out too many details. All I said was after Clarissa dumped me at school for babysitting her very cute little brother, Connor offered me a ride home and I said yes since I don't want to be walking all alone in the dark. Clarissa kept on pushing me to say more about what happened between us but I just told her that nothing happened. If I told her about the text that Connor sent me, she would probably nonstop bugging me about him.

Clarissa thought that keeping a secret from your best friend means you do not trust that person. And it also means that you are hiding something because you know it might not turn out to be good especially since Clarissa was worried all night wondering how I got home, Reese's words not mine.

Clarissa squealing about her crush is the last thing I would want to happen.

"Okay, I think I need to change my outfit for later. Issa, can you drive me home, please? I will be quick, promise." I then showed Clarissa my puppy dog eyes.

"Only if your answer is reasonable. Besides, we just ate lunch. And we planned on hanging out at the library after," Clarissa says and raises me an eyebrow.

We are now sitting in our usual tree spot, making sure to hide from the evil sun rays. Clarissa is leaning against the trunk of the tree while Reese is laying down on the grass. I, on the other hand, am sitting Indian style.

"I am helping out at the gym later so I am thinking to wear something more comfortable." I shrug.

"But, you look like your clothes are pretty comfortable," Reese states.

"Yeah, your shirt isn't too fit and I think it's two times bigger than what you should wear and your pants aren't skinny and you are wearing rubber shoes. How much more comfortable can you get?" Clarissa asks me.

"First of all, I'm not in a fashion show so I don't want you insulting my choice of clothes. Secondly, I think I am the one wearing this outfit so I know better than anyone if it's comfy or not. Lastly, I'm quite sweaty already so a change would be nice," I answer. I just don't want to happen again like last time wherein I'm sweaty and it's just gross.