Chapter 15 - First Impression

You've reached your destination -- Chapter 15.

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 15 - First Impression || Xavier's POV

I looked around me and saw that there are more guests now than an hour ago. There are guys who are in suits, girl in dresses, mothers who brought their children with a pairing dress, photographers, and a girl wearing a huge sunglasses and a summer hat who is coming on our way. I looked at the guys but they were busy eating, I turn around and saw the girl waved at me.

Wait, there's a girl ... who waved at me. And she's wearing a summer hat and huge sunglasses. And she's standing in front of me. I think the show's nachos did something to me.

"He-eey, are you here ah-lone?" the girl purred.

I shifted uncomfortably, not impressed with the girl in front of me. "No, actually. I'm with my friends." I smiled at her.

"Oh. Is there any reason you're at a fashion show?" The girl offered me her drink but I politely shook my head.

"Yeah, well, I invited him to come with me." Stella interrupted us, putting her hand playfully at my arm. She smiled sweetly at the girl and the girl gave me a confuse look.

"Oh, aren't you a gentlemen," the girl joked and winked at me. Stella cleared her throat but the girl didn't seem to get Stella's intention. The girl eyed my body and Stella cleared her throat loader.

"Are you sick, darling? I'm sure that the securities were very strict at not allowing any guests to enter the fashion show if they're sick." The girl feigned concerned, her smile says it all.

"I'm not sick, don't worry. But you will be if you keep your eyes on my boy friend," Stella snapped. I said nothing, since I know it's a girls' fight and I learned it in a hard way of not intruding a girl's fight. I kept on a straight face, not changing my mood, in case it might give away something.

"Is it true?" The girl locked eyes with me. I looked at Stella and gave her a warm smile, getting along with her idea.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you're not easy to get jealous, right? Boys don't like girls who get jealous too easily." The girl chuckled and sipped her drink. Stella gave her an icy, cold glare but the girl ignored it.

I tapped my feet, not wanting to see anyone get hurt tonight. I looked around the room and saw that it was already full and the music was slowly getting louder.

"I'm just, uhm, going outside for some fresh air." I smiled weakly. Slowly and gently, I removed Stella's hand from my arm and moved away.

"I'll come if you don't mind," the girl chirped and followed me. I walked towards the end of the room and opened the door that leads to the balcony. I inhaled the air and took a few moments before I deal with the girl.

"It's a lovely view, isn't it?" The girl grinned. I didn't bother looking for Stella; I can handle this girl.

"Yeah." That was I could say as I admired the view.

The night is dark and I can see the beauty of the scene as the city shined with lights. There's an empty pavement on the east with only a couple sitting on the bench. They both cuddled each other and looked happy, even though I could only see their backs. They looked at each other and smiled, the guy's holding the girl's stomach as I realized that she's pregnant.

"I think that after a couple gets married, they're all happy and excited to have a baby. Soon enough, they get tired of each other and then people will get hurt. You can't avoid that; getting hurt is part of being in love," she started. I looked at her for clues about what she was trying to say but her eyes remained on the couple sitting on the bench, hugging each other.