Chapter 11 - I'm Feeling Right Knackered

I tried to make this one a little bit tone down with the badass girlish and let you guys know her other side :) Enjoy!

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 11 - I'm Feeling Right Knackered || Cassidy's POV

"Sssh!"

"Quiet!"

These were thrown at us whenever we argue.

I looked at Xavier and hate every single thing about him. I hate his face, his blue eyes, his perfect smile, his dimples, wait. Hold. Rewind. Erase. Erase. Erase! Play. Did I just say that? Agh! This is what I get for watching with Clarissa girly movies. Something's wrong with me. This event is driving me insane.

I turned away from him and just stared at the busy kids, thinking words to form. He's just so..... cocky and annoying. You know? Oh, never mind.

"You lost," Xavier smirked at me.

"Just focus on your job!" I screeched at him. He was smiling widely as if he just won the basketball championship game which doesn't start until next six months.

"How can I focus if I kept hearing a mouse's voice?" He retorted back, without looking at me.

"You started it!" I exclaimed. Another "Ssh!" was thrown at us. Or preferably at him.

"Hey, Cass. Come over here," Connor whispered and motioned me to go to his side.

I saw Xavier looked confused as I am but I followed what Connor said. When I reached his side, I asked him why.

"Laura said the mike isn't working, can you go to the audio and ask for extra?" he asked me.

"Why me?" I inquired.

"Because I'm busy helping counting the scores. Now, go!" he shoo-ed me away.

I sighed and stood up and removed the invisible dirt on my pants and quickly walked away towards the sound system, discreetly.

I heard a lot of cheering as I passed through them, which probably means that time is almost over.

I walked pass through the stage manager which seems busy looking out for any mistakes but doesn't seem to notice that Laura's mike is having troubles. Maybe I should ask her about it. I tried to walk towards her but then I thought of what Connor said. She doesn't look like she has any extra mike and she can't really help with the sound system. In short, I was going back to the sound system.

I sprinted towards the guys and quickly made some moves to grab their attention.

"Guys! Guys!" I panted.

They all doesn't seem to hear me since I was quite losing breath and it was as if I was whispering. I seriously need to do more exercise.

Nick was the only one to heard me since he looked at me and gave me a questioning look.

"Laura's mike. Not working. Fix it," I said between my breaths. I really really think I'm going to be physically fit after this event.

He nod at me and told the audio guy and he passed the extra mike to Nick then passed it to me.

"Thanks," I quickly looked for Connor and gave him thumbs-up but instead of giving me one back, he motioned me to come back faster. While I ran, I think that I noticed Xavier looking at me but I shook my head. Times like this need not distraction but oxygen.

"Thanks, Cass." Connor commented and I handed him the mike then he gave it to Laura which gave him a smile. Connor winked at her and I think I saw Laura rolled her eyes.