Chapter 23 - It Was A Mistake

After several years, hundred thousands hours, and a new grand baby was already born -- I present to you Chapter 23! 

I'm terribly sorry for the long wait. I admit that I got lost inspiration to keep on continuing this story, but I'm back! 

Now, without further ado . . . 

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 23 - It Was A Misake || Cassidy's P.O.V.

For the first time since this morning, I opened my phone to find out that it was running out of battery.

That was my number one mistake.

I quickly opened the screen, making sure that I can text Clarissa or Reese, but my phone was already blinking until it lost life. 

I sighed as I put away my phone. I better charge my phone when I'm on the plane.

I try to hide my disappointment since I learned that there are cameras rolling subtly when I left my house and entered the car.

The producer who was in charge of the whole video, named Carlo, said that my exchange with Connor at the car was so funny that he will surely not remove it on the video, much to my dismay.

Right now, I'm wondering how I look like while I go out of my house and walk towards the car. I must look ridiculous as I put my bag inside the back storage of the car since I did have a mini pep talk to myself that my bag won't be that heavy, turns out it kind of was and my face probably didn't look pretty when I tried to put it inside. 

That was mistake number two.

When Connor was trying to make a conversation, I tried to give him minimal responses since I want to be very careful at this trip and not make myself got carried away.

"Are you excited for this trip?" Connor asked. He looked at me questionably but he didn't hide his smile. 

"No," I mumbled, I looked away and I'd be lying if I said I didn't see Connor's smile turning downwards. Maybe he's just looking on the bright side and I just let him down. 

I'm way too overthinking. I should distract myself. I pick up my earphones and connected it to my phone, just to realize that my phone battery is dead.

"Excuse me, sir, could you please turn the radio on?" I asked the driver in front of me, who is wearing a suit and tie. He probably looked more sophisticated than I do. I look down at my outfit and give a loud sigh.

I turn around and look at Connor, who seemed to be a lot quiet ever since I asked to turn the radio on. Good for him, I don't want to end up getting in a bad start of the morning.

I just listened to the song playing on the radio, instead of normally listening to my phone with my earphones on.

Xavier's P.O.V.

I look at myself in the mirror. I fixed my shirt again. And my hair. And my breath. I looked at my cellphone for the last time.

Bling. New message.

08.16. S1: Ready or not here I come.

I smiled as I looked at Sheena's text. I looked at myself again in the mirror when a sound stopped me.

"Get your body in here if you don't want it to be a corpse!" Then another loud honk came after.

I ran downstairs and quickly closed the door as I sprinted towards Sheena's car.