Chapter 4 - Last Night

Congratulations. You passed level 3 aka chapter 3. You may now move on to level 4.

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 4 - Last Night || Cassidy's POV

"Tell me," Clarissa insists.

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Why not?"

"It's your fault that you left me alone at school."

"Well, it's not my fault that my mom suddenly asked me to babysit Lucas."

"I know," I say finally, leaving out a sigh.

"Tell me, please," she pleads.

"Not in a good mood right now," I say. I look at my ceiling as I talk to my best friend at the phone.

"Fine, just because I feel bad for letting you down but tomorrow you're going to tell me."

"Bye," I say, leaving her to say good night then I hung up on her.

I look at my ceiling again and trying to figure out what happened earlier with Xavier. He was being creepy by whispering behind me. There was a bit of sting on my body but it was disgusting.

Plus, I couldn't believe I even joined the mess the guys did, I mean, seriously, a paint fight? Not cool. I couldn't let this thing ruin my hard work for making a good reputation to enter a very good college. What about the thing with Connor that I felt when I punched his arm? Why did I feel my cheeks heated up? I'm just being a normal teenage girl. I don't like this. I mean --

Suddenly my cell phone vibrated. I realized then that I was thinking about the guys, I can't believe that I was even thinking about them. What am I thinking? Thank goodness I was interrupted by a text.

19.05. Unknown : Sorry.

I sit up straight and think back who this person might be and why is that person apologizing? Before I can think of anything else, I reply back.

19.06. Me : Do I know you?

I pressed send. There. Then my cell phone buzzed again. See, problem solved, I smile at myself as I open the message.

19.06. Unknown : Sorry, didn't introduce myself. - Connor.

My eyes got wide then I thought of something reasonable on how he could have my number. I mean, the only people who know my number are my friends. No one that Connor's a friend of. Especially since he's an enemy. I narrow my eyes, making sure that someone is not planning something against me.

19.08. Me : How do I make sure that you are really Connor and you're talking to the right person?

19.09. Unknown : I drove you home.

19.09. Me : Not enough proof, although I am not saying that you're correct.

19.10. Unknown : You were bad at giving directions.

19.10. Me : No, I'm not! You're just a bad driver.

19.11. Unknown : Now you know it's me and I know it's you.

As soon as I received his text, I realized what I had just done. I just made a conversation with Connor, and we're quite-arguing. 

I sigh in relief that everything was back in normal and removing the thoughts I just made earlier about blushing and stuffs. But I'm texting a guy who is not even one of my best friends!