Chapter 7 - My Ankle and the Chairs

This story is longer than the past few chapters and I tried my best not to make it all too cliche. Anyway, enjoy! *throws confetti*

ღღღღღღღ

Chapter 7 - My Ankle and the Chairs || Cassidy's POV

I want this to be over.

"How many chairs, exactly, are we going to arrange?" I ask Laura, my voice isn't as happy as it was a while ago.

"You see those chairs? All of them." Laura smiles at me. She points at the three rooms filled with chairs.

"It's like two thousand of them," Connor complains. It doesn't look like two thousand... probably one.

"Or three thousand," Xavier adds. I think they exaggerate more than girls.

"It's not that bad," Laura assures us. "The earlier we start, the earlier we'll finish."

I saw Connor mimicking Laura behind her and I can't help but giggle. Laura turns around and gives us a curious look, but we just shrug and smile innocently at her.

We start grabbing three chairs at a time for the girls and five for the boys. We were all chatty and happy at first but after ten minutes, we got exhausted and agreed to remain quiet and let our energy focus on bringing all the chairs from the classroom to the gym, which is fifteen feet away.

"Ow!" I screech. "Owowowowow," I say as I massage my ankles. It was so painful that I had to say it out loud.

After a few seconds of murmuring to myself, another voice speaks. "What's wrong?" Xavier looks at me as if I was one of the girls being over dramatic. When he realized I was serious, he slowly walks to me after he left his twentieth batch of chairs in the corner.

"I-I got.... I bumped... I," I say stopping to take deep breaths before continuing.

"What?" Xavier asks, I can see that his eyes are filled with nervousness.

"This." I point at the chairs I grabbed and point back to my ankles, hoping Xavier would get the meaning since my ankles is too painful for me to explain.

"But... I'm... okay." I smile weakly at him, but deep inside I'm scared. I showed him my weakness, I shouldn't have done it.

"No, let me help you," Xavier says as he tries to massage my ankles. Is this why girls like him so much? He's mean to you then becomes caring, it's so confusing. He's like the typical boys I read on books.

I step back as soon as his fingers touch my ankles. "I said, I'm okay. You don't need to pity me anymore," I say coldly. I've been through a lot of fights so things like hurting and scars don't mean much to me, but I don't think I have ever experienced getting hit on by big chairs that probably contain gold inside.

"Just let me-" Xavier says, but I cut him off.

"Just don't touch me!" I exclaim, quite conscious of a guy touching any part of me.

I can see that Xavier is a bit taken aback by my unexpected respond to his offer. I feel kind of bad inside since I know that he just wants to help but I don't want any of their help, since they already got me into a lot of troubles. I don't want anything to do with them, let alone helping me.

"I just wanted to help you, look, I can see that your ankles are in a bad condition, if you just let me help you," he says more earnestly. He moves my ankles towards him so he can massage.

I'm shocked that he was still offering help to me because no guy has ever done to me this before. When I was a child, whenever I get hurt, my father was never home so Sasha, my nanny, always help me to get up and clean the mess I made. She's a girl and Xavier's a guy so I'm not used to guys helping me. Except for Reese, but he rarely helps me since I'm stubborn sometimes. Plus, I consider Reese as a baby boy, like my younger brother I never had.