Part 2 Chapter 9

Marker; 126, 363 reads and 5,183 votes

"Mom are you pregnant?" I repeated the question, seeing if those words felt any less foreign in my mouth the second time around. I couldn't take my eyes off her swollen belly, which was hidden underneath an oversize powder blue dress. I was going to be a big sister! A big sister!

"No, I just ate fifty pounds of chocolate and gained thirty-five pounds, of course, I'm pregnant!" my mom said and recaptured me in a hug and squealed happily.

"Mom does the baby happened to have the same father as me?" I asked wearily, pulling away from her.

My mom dropped her arms away from my body, only to grab my face with two hands, her blue eyes looked deeply into mine, "Violet, baby," she said, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. "For a year, I had to assume you were dead. Can't I just enjoy having you back without worrying about anything else?"

I felt a sharp pang in my chest at her words, and I nodded my head, "Alright," I relented, "but, we're going to discuss this sooner or later," I warned, pointing to her occupied belly.

"Yes we will," she grabbed me by the nook of my arm, "And there are some people I'm sure you've been missing besides me and have been missing you! Oh, and I have a welcome back home present for you! Wait to you see it! I've been keeping him for a while now because I've always known you would come back someday."

I was about to let my mom drag me through the crowd that was just getting ready to disperse around us when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I started at the unexpected touch and wiped my head around to see Henry standing behind me with a hand on my shoulder. Beyond him, I could see Vivian guiding a newly woken up Santana into a tent, with Arnold trailing close behind them at their heels."

"Mom," I said, unhooking myself from her and nudging her gently to get her attention, "There's someone I want you to meet."

"My mother turned around with a glowing smile on her face, "Wha-" the smile dropped as soon as her eyes landed on Henry."

"You!" she hissed and pulled me to her side.

"Nice to formally meet you, Miss Silver, I'm sorry that our first encounter was so unpleasant," Henry said politely, unfazed by her reaction, and extended a hand out to her. He even smiled at her.

She didn't take it and instead glared at him" I don't think unpleasant is a strong enough word," she said dryly, and I cringed internally. The first and last time my mom had actually seen Henry was when he was kidnapping me to take me back to Greta. He had been doing that to save his sister but try telling that to my mother.

Henry looked at her without saying anything. I don't think he could think of anything to say. He looked down at me, "Hey I'm going to find the healer's tent to get patched up, I'll find you later."

"Alright," I said and shrugged my mother's arm off me. I stepped closer to him and turned my face up to his. He leaned down and planted a lite kiss on my lips, before walking away. I smiled and watched the back of his leather jacket disappear behind a tent. I turned back to my mother, and my eyes widened when I saw the expression on her face, she looked absolutely furious.

My mom closed her eyes, inhaled deeply, and then open them again, "Violet, you know I've always let you make your own decisions, but really, does it really have to be him?"

I rolled my eyes, "Come on. He isn't that bad. I could be dating someone a lot worse."

"He kidnapped me only onc-... twice," I said, remembering the first time I had woken up on the back of Nessie, Henry's blue dragon. "But technically he didn't do the actual kidnapping per say the first time around. He just transported me to the school."