♡Chapter 20

Art by @eternallyeden

AN

So here's your update, that you guys all deserved so much! I can't believe I got those six votes so fast(: So anyways not going to update until I get 10 votes this time, so that means I need 72 to update. I promise after this chapter no more chapter hostage holding for a least two chapters;p Anyways enjoy, I like this chapter a lot! Comment's are appreciated too, good or bad. Thanks for reading<3 -Sam

For a while, the man with the raven black hair and I stared at each other. He was wearing a pair of worn looking brown boots, a shirt that may or may not have been light green at one point in time, a pair of tan pants, and a black cloak. In the meanwhile, the woman with the curly blonde hair and blue eyes had wrapped me up in a tight hug, but I couldn't have cared less. She didn't matter at the moment. Like the rest of the people surrounding me, I had no clue who she was, but she also appeared to know me very well by the way she was acting.

My wondering thoughts went back to the man. I had never seen anyone with my unique color of eyes before. My dark purple eyes that I had received an endless stream of compliments on but had never seen repeated before now peered into my own. I knew right then and there that this man and I shared blood.

"You're just like me, aren't you?" I said to him. I began trying to pry the women's arms off of me. She reluctantly let me go, and I took a baby step towards the violet-eyed stranger.

The man remained expressionless, unmoving. I wasn't even sure if he was breathing.

"Well, aren't you?" I said anxiously, my heart tightening in my chest. I wished he would say something, anything, I didn't even care if what he said wasn't what I wanted to hear. He remained silent, though, as he began walking towards me.

He approached me like I was a deer, ready to flee back into the trees and disappear forever. He took slow, deliberate steps towards me, and never broke eye contact until he was only mere inches away. He reached out gingerly and took one of my black curls in between his fingers, and tucked it behind my ear. He then reached out to touch my cheek.

The moment his fingers grazed my skin a jolt of electricity zapped through my body. I jumped back instinctively. The man met my look of surprise with a troubled frown. He muttered something angrily under his breath and closed the distance I had accidentally created between us with one giant stride. He pressed his palm into the center of my forehead before I could have protested.

His hand was oddly warm, I noted. The strange man closed his eyes and then began chanting something under his breath. His face scrunched up into a grimace, like whatever he was doing was hurting him or was taking a lot of effort. Again a strong electric current ran through my entire body, and then I was no longer standing in the middle of an unfamiliar forest, surrounded by a group of strangely familiar kidnappers.

The scent of pancakes wafted through the air. I was sitting at my kitchen table in an old sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants, my usual sleeping attire. In front of me was a big plate, smeared with maple syrup with a couple of bites of pancakes left on it, sat on my wooden kitchen table. Pancakes on a Sunday morning made for what I thought of as being a perfect morning. I ran my pointer finger across the plate's sticky surface and then licked the syrup off of my finger.