Part 2 Chapter 52

Suddenly, something crashed into the wall directly behind me. I let out a shriek and turned my back to shield Lilly from the debris that was now raining down on us. Was that Vivian warning us that we had to leave? No, she was supposed to hit the other side of the school, something else was up,  but I couldn't see just what through the cloud of dust. I could hear though, and what I heard was a hissing sound and the sound of claws scrapping the ground.

I pressed my hand against the wall beside me ,desperate to get out of this room and away from what was making that noise. But then a voice joined in with the noise, a voice I recognized.

"Henry?" I called out and the cursing stopped.

Suddenly there was the sound of boots running across the room. In a second, Henry had appeared from the dust and was standing in front of me.

"Oh thank gods you made it out too!"

My eyes filled with tears of relief and I reached with him with my free hand, "Henry I-" I began, but he threw a finger in my face stopping me in my tracks.

"Hold on!" he said. "I have to go untangle my dragon from yours."

I let my hand fall to my side. Well I guess you are separated and reunited with your significant other over and over again, romantic part of being reunited kind of dies. But then something occurred to me, he had my and YOUR dragon.

I gasped knowing what those words might mean. I quickly swatted his finger away from my face, "Here, you hold her," I said and all but tossed Lilly into his arms and I ran towards the sound of the scrapping claws. I could hear Henry shouting after me along with the sounds of Lilly crying, but I those noses was unimportant to me at the moment. The only sounds I cared about were the sounds that would lead me directly to Deception.

The second I broke through the dust cloud I began to cough. I pulled my shirt over my nose. It wasn't long before I could make out to struggling forms of two massive winged bodies. The closer I drew, the more of the predicament that Deception and Nessie were in I could see.

Deception was on his back in a sort of a J shape with his backside and tail pressed halfway up the wall. Nessie was draped sideways over him. Nessie appeared to have one back leg pinned under Deception, which prevented her from getting off him. Her front claws were scrapping frantically against the black stones while she struggled to pull herself free from Deception. Deception was making no effort what so ever to try to pull himself free. He just looked mildly annoyed to be laying there in such an un-noble position.

"Deception!" I cried and ran towards him.

Deceptions yellow cat eyes widen and he focused them on me. All at once he began to kick at Nessie trying to get her off him, to no doubt run towards me.

Nessie began to hiss loudly in pain and she snapped at Deception, biting his side. Before swinging her head towards me. I had to stop short a foot from reaching Deception in order to avoid Nessie's snapping jaws.

Nessie glared at me so furiously, that I took a couple of involuntary steps backward until I bumped into someone. "I said stop!" suddenly, Henry's hand was turning me sideways. The next thing I knew, Lilly was being forced back into my arms again. Lilly stopped crying for a couple of seconds to stare up at me resentfully, before resuming her crying. I guess she didn't appreciate being passed around like a rotten dragon egg.

With his other hand free he placed it on my other shoulder and turned me away from the dragons. "Go wait on the other side of the room and don't look at Deception. I need them calm so I can help them, and you are only going to end up exciting Deception.

"But-" I began, but he shook his head and pointed to the other side of the room towards the glass ball.

"Do you want our dragons to end up killing each other trying to get free?" even though Henry was blocking my view of Deception and Nessie, I could hear them fighting and hissing at each other.