Part 2 Chapter 50

Maker; 3,689,209 reads and 208,321 votes

AN; Please comment or leave a vote!!!!

Screams erupted as the soulless rained down and began attacking Alyzzea's followers.

"Henry!" I called out, my eyes darting around the chaos unfolding around me.

Alyzzea grabbed my head and pulled it close to her face.

"The only thing you can do for him now is to complete this ceremony.  I know you performed the ritual before, so I need you to do it again. Plunge your knife into its chest! Now!"

"But last time, I grabbed the hands and took the soul into..."

"I don't care use the knife, I said now!"

I raised the spear hastily with trembling fingers, and suddenly I heard a big crash. My hair was suddenly yanked to the left side of my face by a strong wind. Someone or something must have knocked away the black box from the portal, leaving it exposed. I was out of time.

I slashed my  spear down and all at once the wind ripped the sack away from Arnold's creation's head and I caught a glimpse of the clay stone face in front of me. The hand with the spear in it paused an inch away for its chest.

"I want to see a dragon before I die," Neeva's stone clay face said to me.

Great so our fake willing sacrifice, had turned into a fake unwilling sacrifice. And than I remembered Nessie.

"There's a dragon in here!" I exclaimed, my eyes darted around the room. I spotted Arnold in the far corner of the room. His clay dolls were fighting off soulless people, that were trying to claw their way to Arnold.  My eyes continue their frantic search, until they spotted Nessie, who was backed into another corner of the room. I couldn't see Henry, but I knew he must be somewhere nearby her.  She was hissing at a soulless man dressed in brown rags who was sculpting towards her on all fours.

"There, behind you!" I said and pointed to the agitated blue dragon. The thing turned his head and let out a gasp of delight, and with that I raised my spear sliced through its clay chest."

The tree stood before me, the black flowers were under my feet, and the sky above was pitch black and full of stars. The same tree as the one in my dreams and the one I had sacrificed the original Neeva under.

I heard a grunt, like someone going through some great physical effort, and I whirled around but didn't see anyone.

I heard the sound again, and realized that it was coming from the opposite side of the massive trunk. I made my way across the grass, my feet flattening several black flowers, before I finally reached the other side of the tree.

I peered around it's bark where I saw, well me, pulling at something from a hollow space under its roots. The other me was dressed in a light blue dress that looked like it was cut out of the daytime sky. Her face was full of strain while she continued to tug at something which I could not see.

She looked over at me with her black eyes and said in her whispery voice, "Don't just stand there, help me!"

"With what?" I asked while I cautiously crept over to her. I was recalling my last encounter with the inner me,which hadn't been the smoothest thing ever.

"It won't come through!"

It was then that I saw that she had a dull clay hand in her grip.

"Help me pull it through!" she hissed.

I didn't argue, instead I grabbed the hand and something slammed into me hard.
All the sudden, I was on a cement floor gazing into a gaping mouth. My arms were pinned to the floor by freezing cold hands.