Part 2 Chapter 32

Reads; 2,214,191 Votes;123,464

AN; Sorry guys. I suck at this whole, keeping track of update calendar updates. I'm posting a new update schedule on my Author's Note. If I don't follow it, I give you my permission to private message me and remind me to post.
—————
The black hole stood large and menacing before us. Around us fighters from both sides, living and dead, gathered around it.

Henry had left my mom and I on the ground, along with Deception, just moments before while he had returned to see the status of the battle that was still rocking the castle above us.  He assured me that the battle would be over shortly, but I still protested his departure. And had reluctantly let him leave.

Deception was too hurt to carry anyone it turned out. Those crutching I had heard when Frog had grabbed him had been the bones in his wings cracking. He could barely hold himself up in the air. Henry's quick examination of him had confirmed this.

Speaking of Henry, I wasn't sure if I believed him anymore. Every once in a while a boom could be heard from above us. When this happened, the invisible castle floating above our heads would become visible for a split second, before the forsaken school would melt back into the darkening sky. To me, those booms sdidn't sound like a battle that was about to be over.

Abruptly I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned around to see a haggard looking Peter dressed in what once was a white shirt and a pair of white pants. The fabric was now completely smeared with blood.

"Good, I've been looking for you everywhere!" Emily's new husband said, while his face filled with relief.

"Where's Emily?" I asked, wondering why Peter had been sent to look for me. If he was working in the medical tent, like his clothes told me he was, there were far more important things to be doing than looking for me. People were still dying in large numbers, I could feel it.

Peter's face crumbled, and he pushed his glass further up his nose.

"Peter!?" I said alarmed, "Did something happen to Emily?"

"Oh, please tell me something didn't happen to that sweet girl!?" my mom chimed in from beside me.

Peter's eyes widen, and he shook his head, "Emily wasn't injured during the battle..." he said, and I breathed in a sign of relief.

"She's not okay, though. Her parent's..." Peter's voice cracked, "I brought them in, but I couldn't save them," he said and began to cry slightly, and I just wanted to cry along with him. Emily's family had been my family too for years, but I couldn't let the grief that the two most important people to me were  now gone. At least I couldn't just yet, not until everything was over for good. The last time I had let grief take control of me, I had almost let everyone down, and now I had to go save the other world from being destroyed. Because if it fell, our world was next."

"Where is she now?" I asked, and Peter took a couple of breaths while he tried to pull himself together.

"In the medical tent at Carson's side. He's hurt but not badly."

I swallowed and nodded, "Go back to her, she needs someone, but there's a couple of things I need to do. If that's why you were trying to find me? So she has someone with her?"

He shook his head. " I came to try and find you, to see if there was a chance..." Peter looked down at the ground, "Is could you  bring them back?" he asked, "Besides blood loss, there bodies are fine and-"

"Peter, I can't," I said, cutting him off.

"What did you mean you can't!?" Peter said his face filling with despair, "You raised an entire army of dead and you are telling me you can't raise two more people? Could your father do it?"