Part 2 Chapter 48

AN; Plllllleasssssse comment! I'm dying to know what is going through all of your beautiful minds while you read these chapters!
Ghost readers I'm looking at you!

I rubbed my wrists were the rope had dug into my wrist. Henry stood a ways away untangling Nessie's delicate wing from that same rope that had been shot at us .

My attention wondered to the strange room around me.

The place was lit up by lights on large metal poles, that reflected brightly off the silver wall. There were tents with tan canvas roofs and tanks parked all over, and in the center of all this was two black tubes, which tall beams of lights were emanating from.  In front of the entrance to the door stood and off looking square object that had to be ten feet tall and ten feet wide guarded by two men in brown and green splotched clothing, and they each held very large guns. I got a very strange feeling from the black box.

Above us, at least fifteen or so soulless people seemed to be glued to the fencing above us.

It was at that moment I noticed that most of the soulless people seemed to be hooked to the fencing by metal rings. Some had only one on some part of their body , while others had an upwards of three. The metal rings where attached to arms, legs, and it was hard to tell from so far away, but it seemed like necks too were cuffed to the fence.

Abruptly, I heard a pop. And a speedy ball of metal was flying towards  one of the soulless. The ball made contact with its leg, and all the sudden it's leg was pinned to the fence.

I felt a shadow leaning over me and I looked up to see that Alyzzea was now standing over me. Behind her, the other Fifth Element users were climbing out of the tank.

"So you dropped our only way of communication?" she asked me, her face a stone mask of unreadable emotion. Her curly black hair had been pulled in a loose bun on the top of her head, and it wobbled with every word she spook. "And you did so after both insisted on going on the dragon, and not safely in the tank with us?"
.

"The two-way radio was my fault. It was an accident. I was trying to grab the three-black-box--"

"Two way radio," she corrected me.

"Okay two way radio, but he wouldn't give it to me, so I went to lean over and grab it, and it kind of slipped out of my hand."

"What are you two? Children? Do you realize how close you came to being shot!? If you had it with you, you would have known you were supposed to enter through a separate entrance above that there were going to clear for you to go through. If you had your radio, you would have known this."

"Well you should have given us more than one communication device if it was that important!"

"Obviously the radio was, or else I would of handed it to you and not you companion," she fired back.

Okay ouch.

"I am afraid this incident is a sign pointing to the fact that you are an incapable person, and no bloodline could fix incompetence. I can't having an incapable person doing the most complicated version of an already complicated ceremony. Use our sacrifices instead of the artificial ones.

"I felt my face heat up in anger," I dropped something by accident, okay? This has nothing to do with how capable of a necromancer I am. I told you before, that I refuse to sacrifice another human being, and I stand by it!"

"Fine, but make sure your soul lingers when you fail and kill yourself.  That way you can see the rest of us scrambling to find enough sacrifices before this casting becomes undoable. Now wait here while we prepare for the ceremony." And with that she stormed away and towards the group of her followers.  One of them had a clay jar in his hand.