Part 2 Chapter 43

Marker; 3,280,969 reads and 182,864 votes!

I was silent for a moment, and out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Henry had seated himself on the arm of the couch.

"A couple of willing sacrifices?" I repeated back to her, "What do you mean by that?" I asked, but that was a dumb question. It was something awful and not something I wanted to take any part of.

My eyes were now more adjusted to the dimly lit room now, and I could see the contents of the room more clearly now. There was an unlit crystal chandelier that hung from the ceiling above our head. The floor appeared to be wooden, but i to was mostly covered in a giant yellow and red carpet embroidered with four black petaled flowers dotting it. Besides the chair, Alyeeza sat on and the couch I was lying on and the small table beside my couch, there was also an unlit fireplace where two more coaches were also placed arouThere was an old grandfather clock in the corner opposite the lantern, and the walls were covered with paintings of dark-haired, purple eyed people.

"Oh I think you know what I mean, I smell a fresh one on you," Alyzeea said and her nose crinkled and she shifted in her chair, her black flower gown rustling around her "And it was a powerful one, you reek strongly of death and death is never a pleasant odor, but this one is the most unpleasant one that I have ever smelt. I recommended a bath when you get the chance. I would offer you a bath here, but the area's water supply has been cut off. "

I casually bent down and sniffed my arm and recoiled at the scent. I did smell awful, but all I could smell was my sweat, but not the smell of dead people which was good enough for me. Didn't exactly want to walk around smelling like I killed someone, even though I had.

I looked back at her "Yes I had to sacrifice someone, but I want to make it clear that will be the first and last one I perform. So no sacrifices willing or otherwise!"

"You have to," Alyzeea said her voice flat and matter of fact, "It's never a pleasant thing to do, but it's a whole lot better than letting an entire world be overrun by dead things!"

I repeated my desire "No more sacrifices willing or otherwise! And...," I narrowed my eyes at her, the thought just now occurring in a brain that was slower than usual from exhaustion, "how will sacrificing anyone solves this? I mean an army of dead vs. an army of dead could help subdue the problem for a little, but it seems like I'm the only one who can kill them permanently and I must do so directly, like as in plunge the knife in myself.

Alyzeea raised her eyebrows, and I took that as a sign that she was surprised that I knew all this.

"That's right, I learned from fighting them myself, and also I just know stuff from our dead ancestors!" I said proudly.

" I know, I watched you battle with the creatures. And I saw that you put to rest one of the undead by plunging your weapon into its chest and evoking your element and therefore giving it the last bit of death its body needed to be at rest. At least for the time being. Another ritual will have to be done to ensure death remains in the body and there's also another solution that requires no additional ritual or direct stabbing. The only problem with your way is if you don't get them all by sunrise tomorrow then the results are permanent for the zombies you created and the zombies they created."

"That might be the case for you, but I'm sure I can get them all by then my guardian angel told me that the way I'm doing it, it's a way to get rid of these things. Maybe since I'm half of this world and half of the other world, I'm a sort of special elemental of the 5th and have variations of our element! And my variation might be killing creepy soulless dead things with sharp objects."

Alyzeea shook her head. "Your guardian angel has a lot more faith in that plan than she should. Does she happen to harbor any ill will towards you?"

"Ummm..."