♤Chapter 25

AN;

So I was planning on updating this weekend, but I got a little sidetracked. So, 122 votes, I'm almost to my goal of 125, yay! So as a heads up, chapter 28 will probably be the last chapter in this book, and no sequel will follow. So expected slightly longer chapters in the future maybe(: I enjoyed writing this chapter, so I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for reading<3 -Sam

I pressed my shirt against the gash carved across Henry's chest, in hopes that it might stop bleeding, but the steady trickle of crimson was not being halted in any shape or form. If someone had told me that in two weeks I would be on a mountain ledge, wearing only my bra, with a dragon that I had landed all by myself, trying to give first aid to a dying boy I would have smiled politely and backed away slowly.

By this point, in my attempt to stop the blood flow, I had come to the conclusion that the slash across his chest was no ordinary cut, go figure. I was nothing close to a doctor, but I did know that blood wasn't supposed to be coming out this fast.

He had said Danny had done this to him, right? What was Danny exactly? What kind of monster had I inadvertently created? Should a monster that could inflict this sort of wounds be allowed to live? Then, I watched more life seep out of Henry's face and wondered if I could do it again? Could I make another? I mean I hadn't known what I had been doing the first time, but if I focused hard enough, I was sure I could do it again.

"Yeesh, that doesn't look too good," a woman's voice said, from somewhere on the ledge behind me.

Honestly, what was up with people sneaking up on me from behind? It would be nice if they came at me from the front every once in a while. Was that too much to ask for?

I spotted a decent sized rock close to my feet and picked it up. It wouldn't be much defense, but it was better than nothing. I jumped to my feet and turned to face my company.

The person I came face to face with was maybe the last person I had expected to see, Vivian, Miss B, the only person who had kept me alive at one point, one of the big four. She was standing only a couple of feet away. Again, I was taken aback by how tall she was. She was wearing a white tank top, or what use to be a white tank top and a pair of leather pants and boots. Her dirty blonde hair was pulled into a neat bun, and her tanned skin was dabbled with sweat. She held in her had a leather bag which she promptly dropped on the ground.

I let the rock fall from my hands with a loud clatter. I sank to my knees in defeat; there was absolutely no way I could defeat her. I instead returned my attention to my patient and began applying pressure to his wound.

"How were you able to find me?" I said quietly, not bothering to look in her general direction.

"Nice to see you too, Violet. Not sure why you aren't at the school, or why your tattoo is gone, or how Henry ended up like this, but you are going to answer them after I treat him," she said.

"How did you find me?" I repeated

I heard Miss B let out a long sigh," I didn't find you, I found him and Nessie," she pointed to Henry. "I knew that someone who landed a dragon that sloppy wasn't Henry, or if it was him he wasn't alright. I see now that I was right about both."

I watched as she then retrieved a role of white cloth from a bag on her hip, and begin wrapping her hands with it. The clean white cloth looked out of place with her dirty clothes. Without looking up from her task, she asked, "Why did you give up so easily when I showed up? Surely you don't want to go back to the school, which you know I'm going to take you back to probably ."

I bowed my head, "What chance did I have against you. You are part of the Big Four," I replied.

I felt a rock slam into my side hard, knocking the air out of me. I went skidding across the ground, and nearly fell off the edge of the ledge, but managed to catch myself at the last second.