Part 2 Chapter 26

Markers; 1,257,839 reads and 67,179 votes

WARNING; Proofreading will be done tomorrow, read at own risk

Ps. Please comment! I love hearing from you guys even though some of you creep me out with the semi-serious death threats and wanting to murder people comments 😅

Deception shifted his body with cat-like prowess, so he landed claws first on the black  and gold marble floors. We skidding across smooth surface until we grinded to a halt in the middle. We were in a giant room lit dimly by a fire burning in a large fireplace.

It was at this time, I really wished I had something to defend myself. It had been stupid to be alone and weaponless on a battlefield, with a psycho hovering above me in an invisible school. I guess in all the madness, nobody had been really thinking clearly, like giving me a weapon of at least having some stand guard.

I glanced over my shoulder just in time to see the entrance close behind me, the living walls sealing it shut.

"Hello, Miss Silver."

Deception let out a loud growl and I snapped my head around until my eyes found my least favorite person in the world. Her silver hair was slicked back in her usual neat bun hairdo.

She stood beside a large dining table laden with expensive looking food on

"Greta," I said dryly and climbed off Deception and almost slipped in the puddle of water that had formed on the floor around us. I quickly composed myself and quietly commanded Deception to stay.

He was hurt, I had heard his bones crack when Frog had grabbed us and the last thing I needed was for him to get even more hurt. I didn't trust Greta to have any compassion for innocent creatures. The last thing I needed was a dragon that couldn't fly in this place.

I began to walk slowly towards the table all the while slicking back my wet hair with my hands. I had no plan and no idea what I was doing, but I was just going to try and not show that and act calmly.

She smiled at me with probably the fakest smile I had ever seen in my life, and pulled out a chair from around the table closest to her, "Come sit, eat, there are some matters I would like to discuss with you. But before we eat we are going to have to wait for some other guests. It would be rude to start eating without them," she said before she casually walked over to the other side of the opposite side of the table.

When I was almost to her I took my eyes off her for a second to look down at the table and my eyes caught sight of a knife, oh yes a very large knife, sticking out of a large pig in the center of the table. Without even hesitating, I catapulted my body onto the food, but not before uttering a serval spells in my head to protect myself against Greta's power.

Forks and spoons clattered to the black marble, and plates fell and shattered on the floor. Fruits and soups toppled over and joined them there too.

Greta exhaled loudly, "I should have figured that you couldn't sit down and how a civilized conversation like a normal human being," I shot her a quick glance. She was putting food on her plate while she watched me shrugged across the table, like a cat watching a mouse struggle underneath its paw. I was glad she was enjoying her last meal while she watched me struggle because if I had my way, this was going to be just that.

It really unnerved me how calm she was, though.

I assured myself it was because she didn't know about my 400 years in the gray world. You see I had listened to the dead's stories, thousands and thousands of them, and learned from each one. Some of the souls I had listened to had lived during a time where 5th and 6th element users were almost as common at the other four, and everyone could use every kind of magic. I learned each weakness, including the sixth element's weaknesses, spells that reflected their magic. I was confident Greta would have no upper hand over me.