♢Chapter 2

An; This chapter accidentally got deleted, so I had to rewrite it, three years after I intentionally wrote, so this pieced together for vague memories and the comment section.
—————————————————
When I got home, I walked straight to the kitchen and turned on the light. The room was instantly cast in a warm buttery glow. I sank into one of the three chairs surrounding our kitchen table. I buried my face in my hands and took a few deep breaths and did one of the few things that calmed me down, self-talk.

"It's going to be okay. Everything is kind of okay," I told the palm of my hands.
I exhaled and removed my hands from my eyes. A haggard white face with two gaping holes where their eyes should've been stared back at me from across the kitchen. It's pale skeletal body was draped in a white flowing nightgown, and thin white hair clung to its scalp in patches.

I let out a scream and snapped my eyes closed.

What was that...that thing !? Had I actually just seen it!?

I heard ragged breathing and the rustling of fabric coming from across the room that steadily drew closer to me, but I was glued to my chair. My poor legs were frozen to the ground out of sheer terror.

Icy breath tickled my face, and I felt my body tremble with fear. I reached out and gripped the edge of the table hard. Okay, I was going to have to make a break for it, before this thing...whatever it was, decided it wasn't satisfied with just breathing on me. I focused with all my might, but my feet wouldn't budge.

An icy hand brushed my cheek, and I jerked. My legs came up, and my knees hit the bottom of the table hard.

"Ow," I hissed under my breath. Well, at least my legs were no longer frozen...

"On the count of three, you're going to make a run for it," I said to myself inside my head, " 1-2-3."

I opened my eyes, and I sprang to my feet. The chair behind me scrapped hard again the wooden planks of the floor, and I was.... alone. I stumbled back on wobbly legs while my eyes darted around the empty room around me. It was gone but where did it go?

I slowly backed towards the hallway, all the while not taking my eyes off the room. When I reached it, I turned and fled. I sprinted to the end of the hallway and flung my bedroom door open and slammed it shut behind me. I pressed my back against the door and listened.

The empty house remained quiet, and I convinced myself whatever I had seen, real or not, was gone. I just had a feeling.

Still a little bit shaky, I walked over to my bed where I spotted something laying on my little circle blue and green woven rug in the middle of the room. It was my dream journal.

I bent down and picked it up. Something detached from it's back and floated back down to the floor. I stared down at it in silent shock. It was a dark purple petal, so dark that it looked almost black.

I was sitting on my bed with my Element History book on my lap when the front door open and swung close. I heard footsteps echoing down my hallway and the door, my door, opened.

There stood my mom, in her waitressing uniform that did little to hide her many curves, which I hadn't gotten. Her curly blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail on top of her head.

"Violet," she said softly, "They sent me at a wind whisper at work today. Is everything okay!? They told me you passed out at school!"

"Everything is fine," I said, but my voice came out sounding tense, even to my ears. I looked down at the moving picture of a man with a long white beard doing battle with a giant red dragon. The dragon breathed fire onto him and which he blocked with his shield.  He then shot water at it.