♤Chapter 34

AN; WARNING, FEELS ALERT! So finally I can say this story only has about three to four chapters to go, maybe even less. I think it's time to wrap it up. Writing new chapters for this story kind of became a chore for me instead of something I did for fun, though I did enjoy writing this one. I'm sorry, you probably don't want to sit here and listen to me complain. So go on and enjoy this chapter! 11455 reads and 463 votes we are making steady progress! -Thanks for reading<3 -Sam (P.S I cried a little while writing one of the parts)

Only one shoutout this week

NatashaNeumann2

The first thing to emerge from the walls I didn't think had ever been human. It had a skull shaped like that of a deer, with two very long antlers sprouting from the top of its head. The rest of its body, from the neck down, resembled that of a gigantic human, give or take a few odd portions, like its extremely long fingers. Most of its body was covered in coarse brown fur and the parts that weren't, were bare bone. The thing looked evil, which led me to the question whether or not the thing I was doing right now was evil.

In every story I had ever heard or read, the Necromancer had always been the bad guy. Of course, I hadn't believed Necromancers had actually existed, until a couple of weeks ago when I had discovered I was one. But if the stories had been onto something? I mean what kind of person disturbs the dead from their eternal sleep for their own sick and selfish purposes?

My thoughts were suddenly wrenched away from my moral dilemma, by a loud scream. The dead deer man thing had moved when I hadn't been paying attention, and it now held one of the evil twins in its long fingers and was tugging at one of his arms. His twin on the ground below was frantically shooting green balls of energy at it from his spear, but they seemed to have no effect.

There was a loud popping sound, followed by a scream of pain, and I knew that the deer man thing had dislocated his shoulder. If this continues, it would probably tear off his arm completely, and after that who knew what it might do!

The evil twin not getting his arm torn off by a deer man thing focused his cold black eyes on me and moved his spear until it was pointing in my direction "Let him go, or I'll kill you! I don't care what Greta will do to me afterward. My brother is the only thing I have left. Without him, my life is absolutely meaningless."

"Trust me, if I knew how to make it stop, I would!" I replied, now in full freak out mode. I looked frantically back and forth between the two twins. I didn't want to witness someone being torn limb from limb, and I didn't want death by a green ball of energy either.

"Stop it!" I shouted at the creature, but it ignored me and continued pulling at the evil twin's arm.

I heard something approaching us fast from behind, but I didn't bother turning around to see what it was. I had way bigger problems at the moment.

"It's not stopping!" he yelled his face twitching with irritation.

"I'm working on it!"

His cold black eyes bore into me, and with an equally cold voice, he said, "You're aren't working fast enough. The end of the caster is the end of the spell so that I will end you now." The spear in his hands glowed a blinding green.

A second before he fired at me, I felt a hard tug on my arm. Everything went into slow motion while my body fell backward. The ball of energy passed harmlessly over my face and continued down the hallway. An arm snaked itself tightly around my waist, and everything went back to normal speed.

I landed on whoever or whatever had pulled me to the ground. My head cracking against, what I guessed was their chin.

"Ow," we both said in unison.