Part 2 Chapter 3

Marker 41,903 reads and 1,562 votes.

An; So happy New Years! I'm sorry for the wait, I've been progressively writing this chapter over the last couple days. So I was looking at demographics, the new feature on wattpad that allows you to view which countries your readers come from, and was shocked to see that I have readers from fifty-five different countries! Some of which I never heard of, thank you U.S public school system for neglecting to show us maps. Anyway, enjoy, I'm going to go watch someTwilight zone and eat some chines. Thanks for reading!- Sam<3

"Henry, do something!" I yelled, digging my heels into the ground in an attempt to stop myself from being dragged any further towards the ominous blue crackling black mass in front of me. I still had a firm grip on the girl's hand, but I could feel her being taken further into the vortex.

"Let go of her, Violet!" Henry yelled, his voice containing a hint of fear. "You're getting pulled in too!"

"What!? I can't just let her get sucked into there!" The heels of my shoes were beginning to leave deep grooves in the grass, and my black hair flew around my face, like a clump of seaweed being pulled by a current at the bottom of the ocean floor.

"You're not helping her. You'll just get yourself pulled in too!"

"Just grab my waist and ah-"I screamed when my feet suddenly lifted off the ground.

Henry swore loudly and lunged forward, wrapping his arms around my middle in a backward bear hug, "Let go of her," he hissed, the strain of keeping both of us from being sucked in evident in his voice.

"But-"I made a heartbreaking realization, Henry was right. I wasn't going to be any help if I got taken in too. I screamed in defeat and frustration and slowly, begrudgingly, let go of her hand.

I felt her disappear, and she was replaced guilt. It wasn't like me to sacrifice others to save my own skin. This moment was going to haunt me for the rest of my days, just like the fact I had sent Danny to his death.

The black hole began to shrink in size, and its pull became less and less powerful with each passing second.

I heard Henry sigh in relief from behind me before he began to slowly pull us back from immediate danger. But before we could get a safe distance away from the blue lighting crackling vortex of death he tripped over something on the ground, and just like that, we were sucked into the black hole too.

I woke up on top of something soft and warm. Whatever that soft and warm thing was, it began to stir ever so slightly beneath me. I cracked my eyes open a little and saw that I was lying underneath a tree. Sunlight was filtering down in between long, twisted branches and sparkling green leaves, creating dapples of light upon my face. I could see that there was some kind of blue fruit growing on the tree.

I sat up, and as I did, I became aware of a soft breathing coming from somewhere nearby accompanied by a deep purring. I inhaled deeply in fear, just what had I been taking my little nappy nap on!?

I let my eyes fall to the space in-between my legs, and when I did, I saw that whatever I was sitting had golden feathers, speckled with blue. A long skinny tail with a tuft of blue fur at its end flicked back and fourth in the dust. Whatever I was on, I was sitting on it backwards

Suddenly, the soft, warm, breathing, purring mass of gold feathers beneath me began to rise to its feet, taking me with it. Two spectacular bird-like wings unfolded beside me. Then the creature, arched its back like a cat, before relaxing its muscles and moving towards a clump of bushes on four legs.

Taking a deep breath and biting my lip I leaned heavily to one side and rolled off the beast and onto the ground. I coughed, inhaling the dust my fall had stirred up. I wasted no time in getting to my feet and sprinting in the opposite direction of the still unidentified beast I had unexpectedly found myself on.