Part 2 Chapter 31

AN; 2,000,000 pluse reads and 111,131 votes! Thanks guys(:

"So since Greta was your mom, does that make her my grandmother?" I asked. The question had been rolling around in my head for the last couple of minutes.

My mom shook her head without looking up at me. Her bright blue eyes were focused on the wall while she opened up another entrance by the light of my floating ball, "No it does not," she answered.

"You know that she showed me a vision of her slitting your throat, it broke my mind for a second, allowed her to gain almost complete control over me."

"And that's why she disowned me as her daughter and I disowned her as my mother, because she's capable of doing things like that. She breaks you on the inside without breaking your body, and sometimes that's a lot more painful than if every single bone where to be snapped in half. She's the reason I'm so messed up in the head, but I'll make sure that she never does that to you again, there are tricks and I know all of them. Trust me if you were a teenager having as much... never mind, but I learned effective ways of keeping her out" she said and step through the entrance.

"I don't think we have to worry about that anymore," I said and followed her.

"Meaning she's dead?"

"Yeah," I said.

My mom didn't say anything, instead she went to the next wall and pressed her hand and against it. Instead of another hallway or room opening up under her touch we were greeted the orange and pink rays of sunlight of a sun sinking below a horizon not visible to us. I extinguished the ball of light.

"At least it stopped raining," my mother said softly and there was so much sadness in her voice, but not just any sadness defeated sadness.

"Mom I-" I began.

"She wanted to control the world and do so by forcing it into a mold nothing could fit into, because she never really had any control over her world. She had to die, she was evil," my mom said quietly, "Yet when I was a little girl she was an okay mother and I still loved her..."

"And the reason why she died was because of me," I said, "and I won't lie say I'm not happy that she is currently pleading out on a floor. And I killed dad with my own hands. And no matter what reason it was for, it's in human nature be resentful for far less. So after this is done, and I mean done completely there's something I have to take care of, it might be best if I but some distance between us."

"I think you're right," my mom said in the same soft sad voice, "But not too long because I love you way more than I will ever be able to resent you," she looked away from the sky and smiled at me and reached and touched my shoulder. The weak rays of sunlight eliminated her blonde curly and made it look she had a golden halo floating around her face.

"I probably would've lost my mind permanently if you had died and even Santana couldn't have even pulled me back to myself." I thought while I smiled back at her.

I let my eyes drop to my neck and I pulled at the gold chain around my throat and the gold whistle emerged from under the blue fabric of my dress and brought it to my lips and blew it hopping I would get a response. I wasn't even sure Deception was able to fly  with two people on his back or heck even fly but I could think of no other option. How else were we supposed to get off the ground from a thousands of miles off the ground.

But then there came the beating of wings and for the third time that day my heart leapt with joy. The first was at Emily walking down the aisle, the second was seeing my mother with a throat that wasn't slashed. And the third was seeing my companion of 400 years.