Part 2 Chapter 29

AN; Since this is late by like three days I'm giving two chapters!

My heart began to hammer inside my chest.

"How can I believe you?" I asked.

Greta moved a couple of feet away from me and turned so she was facing me, "You don't have to believe me. You can see your own truth,"she said and her steely gray eyes shifted to the ground where a vicious silverly liquid had began bubbling up from the cracks in the sidewalks between us. The liquid formed in a silver pool, with a surface like a mirror. But this mirror did not hold an ordinary reflection.

Instead of my own face, I saw a field of tall grass being flattened by rain. And within its beaten blades, the same rain rinsed the bloodied body of a blue dragon and the boy that laid beside her. A figure with flaming orange hair towered  over the boy, a jagged hunting knife in her hand. Her soaked hair fell away from her face, revealing where the boy that she now stood over had burned her.

She looked away from Henry and towards us. "Can I kill him now?" Shirley asked, her voice so muffled that I could barely hear her.

"What is this?" I asked, by breaths coming out in panicked gasps.

"We are looking through the eyes of one of my soldiers whose body I am borrowing for the time being."

Shirley narrowed her eyes at us. "I already know that Greta. Don't have to keep showing off your fancy powers."

"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to my Violet here. Ask her, should you kill Henry now?"

"NO, GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I screamed.

"You want him to live,? Violet if that's what you wanted  that's all you had to say. No need to start screaming and getting unnecessarily upset."  

She turned towards Shirley. "Leave  him alone for the time being."

"So you agree to work with me?" Greta asked.

"Yes I agree to balance the souls, so please just save him!" I said, the words tumbling out of my mouth before I had time to process them in my panic. The whole time, my eyes didn't leave Henry's image on the strange liquid's surface.

Greta raised her hand and the women collapsed onto the ground and then the silver puddle began to evaporate, "He's safe...for now."

I exhaled in relief.

"You better act fast though. Henry isn't out of the woods yet, he needs immediate medical attention or he will bleed out and die," Greta pointed to space behind me. I turned away from the puddle to find that a door had suddenly materialized behind me. The door was simple and black in color with a shiny gold doorknob. "And all I need you to do is open that door for me, and he will be safe."

"What will happen if I walked through this door?" I asked turning back around to face Greta. I didn't like the feeling of having my back turned away from her.

"My power will be linked to yours and I can use you to balance the souls while I send my men over."

"What I want to know is what will happen to the people, my friends and family fighting this war? What will you do to them?"

"Now that I have my grandchildren at my side, with theirs and my combined powers, along with the Halflings have collected, I will implement an automatic peace. No one else will have to die today."

"You mean there'll be brainwashed peace? I ask you to please reconsider your decision, the people of this world are fighting you because they don't want to invade the other world. They don't want the future that you are trying to force upon them."