Part 2 Chapter 18

Marker; 923,662 reads and 49,471 votes

AN; So I got to once again apologize for the insanely long weight. The writing was starting to have an impact, although a small one, on my grades so I had to put it on hold. The good news if I'm all yours May-August and this book is already marching towards its end. Enjoy! As always, thanks for reading. -Sam
———————————————
Henry!?" I cried out and ran to his bedside, or at least I tried to. All the bodies of the nurses crowding him made it difficult to get through.

Henry opened his mouth and began to scream at the top of his lungs and I cringed at the terrible noise. Tears flooded my eyes and create rivers down my cheeks.

A nurse that was closest to the action raised her head and pointed across the bed to where Amber now stood.

"I need you to get out," she said in a firm but calm voice her attention shifted to me. "You..."she trailed off and I saw a spark of recognition ignite in her eyes. "You either need to get back in your bed or leave!"

In the meantime, some of the other patients had woken up to Henry's shouts and were beginning to mumble and shout complaints and inquire at the nurses gathered around Henry's hospital bed.

"We're not leaving!" Amber and I said in unison and exchanged glances with each other, and turned our eyes back towards the nurse, who now had her hands resting on each of her curvy hips.

Another nurse shoved her way past me carrying a jug of  water with multicolored leafs floating at its surface. At that very moment, Henry's foot sprung free and the nurse in charge of holding it stumbled back. This caused that nurse to bump into the nurse caring the jug. She stumbled to the side and as she did, she tripped over my foot and spilled its contents all the ground.

The nurse looked down at her empty jug and back up. "I'm so sorry!"

"Don't worry about it dear, it's not your fault there are all these obstacles in your way!" The other nurse said than gave me and Amber a hard look.

"Okay, we'll leaving," Amber said, shooting me a nice-going look.

I stared back at her in disbelief, really she was going to blame this on me? It wasn't my fault...well I didn't purposely trip her!

Amber and I exited the tent again into the crisp night-time air. Nessie greeted us outside, she sniffed at the entrance of the tent and let out a soft moan.

I gave her chin a quick rub. "I know girl, I'm worried about him too."

"What happened to Henry?" Amber asked me. Under the dim light of the moon, I could see the dark circles under her eyes. Wherever she had been had not been a walk in the fairy garden and coming back to find her brother like this, the same one that had been in the other world for a year, was probably not helping.

"Santana hit Henry over the head with a stick..." I said and Amber raised an eyebrow at me."It was because he snuck up on her,"Amber raised both her eyebrows. "And speaking of Santana, she is apparently is also a sixth element user, just like Greta."

"Okay before you start going into what Santana may be, where were the two for the last year? I thought both of you were gone. Why didn't either one of you try to contact me!?"

"Well the place we were, didn't exactly receive scribing reception,"

I filled in Amber how Henry and I had had spent this past year in the other world, the lack of magic there, the investigation of the mysterious disappearances, getting sucked into the portal, finding Vivian, getting chased by the griffons, coming here, the second attack of the griffons, and what Santana had done. I also told her about the warning the doctor had given me about Henry.