Part 2 Chapter 36

Marker; 2,698,516 reads and 150,550 votes!

AN; Dudes. Blow up my inbox three weeks from the 16th of December. I promise I will update if you remind me. Anyways enjoy!

The bullet hit Arnold's dolls and sent up a cloud of dust upon impact. The doll reached down and dug the bullet from its skin, then pinched it between its fingers, before holding it up to its glowing eyes, before releasing it and letting it fall to the ground.

But, before the small metal ball was done it's decent, Arnold's doll was already charging towards the girl. Girl's eyes widened in fear and she let the gun fall to the ground. She held up her hands in surrender.

The people behind her, the ones not too injured to move, let our cries of terror before running, leaving the injured laying in the road.

"Wait!" I called, and the clay doll stopped mere inches away from the girl and turned its head 180-degree angle to stare at me.

Okay creepy.

With the horrifying figure no longer charging towards her, the girl seemed to regain herself because she immediately fell to the ground to retrieve the gun.

"Wait!" I called again, but this time to the girl, "Don't pick that up, we aren't going to hurt you!"

The girl ignored me and had the gun in her hand in mere seconds, and pointed it at me. The gun might not be able to kill me, but it could certainly hurt me.

Right before I thought I was going to have to talk this girl out of shooting me, suddenly a shape darted out from around one of the corners and tackled the girl. The gun fell to the ground once again.

The figure was so fast that at first, I thought it was one of the soulless monster. The I saw the brown ponytail and the black outfit.

I watched while Amber took a bunch of the girl's hair, which was auburn, in her hand before she slammed the girl's face into the road and the girl went completely still.

"Woah," I breathed.

Amber stood then immediately  stooped over and placed her hands on her knees and began to breathe heavily.

"Are you okay!?" I asked and moved towards her.

Amber let out an exasperated sigh without looking up, "I've been chased around by monsters from the second I got here. I tried to fight them at first, but no matter how many times I hit them, they wouldn't stay down. I finally got away when I saw this girl threatening you with this object" Amber trailed off when her eyes caught the mental object lying on the ground. She bent over and picked it up and dangled it in her hand.

"Careful, I warned taking the gun from her and clicking on the safety before handing it back to her. "Those things are dangerous," I said.

One of my earlier foster families had been big into hunting, and one of their sons had shown me how to work a gun.

"Really what does it do exactly that makes it dangerous?" she asked gripping the gun in her hand and lifting her brown eyes to look at me.

"They put holes through people with small metal balls."

"Hmm," she said and lowered to her side and looked down at it, "Mind if I keep it? I lost my channeling weapon when I crossed over."

"Sure I don't care," I replied, "But put that away for a second. We got to move some of these injured people somewhere safe. I can't have them remonstrated."

"Wait, so they were once monsters? Amber asked and pointed at the woman she had knocked out and the injured that laid beyond her still body.

"Well, I guess I didn't have time to explain before I was sucked through the portal, but we just need to kill the soulless people that crossed over from our world. If you do that, all their victims return to normal. The only problem is that appears that only I can kill them. It looks like the dolls that Arnold filled with some of my powers can weaken them, but they can't finish the job."