Part 2 Chapter 27

Marker; 1,344,431 reads and 71,690 votes. "Does the happy dance"

So exciting news! At least for me anyways. I'm in the middle of signing a contract with tapas to put my story up on their website. I will get paid for doing what I love and that may mean I may or may not decide to take down the fifth element on wattpad. Anyway if you are a comic or anime fan I suggest going to check out their website, all original works by emerging artists. It's cool! Go and have a look! Anyways enjoy this chapter and check out the website! Also, check out The Queen's Gambit by @cherishedmortal. It is a nice easy read and a hidden gem here on wattpad. I want to start making book lists to put in front of my chapters past and presents so tell me about some hidden gems you have found on here and I will go check them out. Thanks for reading! -Sam

"Caroline," Greta said and nodded at my mother who was not yet in my line of sight," I see that Shirley actually did her job in bringing you here. Please come join us, dinner is about to be served. It has been so long, hasn't it? How long has it been since we spoke?"

I heard the sounds of my mother approaching. Her footsteps bounced off the high ceiling and echoed all around us.

"Probably at daddy's funeral 16 years ago when you disowned me as your child," my mom answered while she drew steadily closer.

From where I was sitting she probably couldn't see me yet, and I had no control over my mouth.

"You always blamed his death on the stress of me getting pregnant. But if stress is what killed him, it would more likely to be the stress of his wife claiming that their daughter wasn't there's and she somehow was switched at birth. That or being married to such a cold-hearted witch!"

"And I was right about you being switched at birth," Greta said, a smug smile pulling tight on her lips but her storm gray eyes held no friendliness to them, "You weren't my child," she gestured to both Santana and Savannah who were standing right beside her, "This is my real family. Their mother and my real daughter are still in the other world, but as soon as this little war that your baby daddy help start is over, we'll be having her here shortly as well."

"Santana are you alright? How did you get here?" my mother, still out of my range of sight called out to Santana who was still standing beside Greta with her arms wrapped around her sister.

"A redhead women with a half-burned off a face," Santana replied, "And how did you receive your invitation to this..." Santana stared down at the table set with food before her, "...lunch thing?"

"Violet!" my mom yelled suddenly, probably finally close enough to finally see me sitting frozen at the table. Seconds later I felt her arms go around me from the back of the chain and I was soon surrounded by the warmth of my mother's embrace. She planted a quick frantic kiss on my forehead before she grabbed both sides of my face and knelt down beside my chair. She turned my head so I was looking at her, "Are you all right?" she asked her brow creasing in the middle. Her blonde hair was soaked and little trails of water ran down her cheeks and dripped off her chin, while the fire burning in the fireplace casting strange shadows on her face.

I looked up at her helplessly. My eyes were the only thing on my body that I could move.

She turned away from me to once again stare across the table at Greta. "Let her go!" she growled and Greta gave a cynical smile.

"Let her go?" Greta held her hands up to my mother before letting them drop down to her side, her white dress crinkling softly with the movement. "How can I let her go when I was never touching her?"

"You will not control her like I watched you do so many years ago as a child and then fake innocence!?" she hissed, "You have crossed every possible line with me, but you dare do that with her..."