Part 2 Chapter 46

Marker; 3,506,376 reads and 196,830 votes

AN; The story is officially completed, it's just taking me a while to fill in all the plot holes. Sometime after Oct 11, I plan to make the entire completed story available.

"Hells no! She can stay here and recover. If this ritual is as risky as you say, I want her at her best!" Henry said his voice rising in anger. "And I thought I made it clear that, when the time come, she is to come with me on my dragon!"

" I like Henry's idea about resting!" I chimed in.

"Relax," the man named Avza said to Henry, "I've been a doctor for our most active Necromancers for three hundred years. When she drinks this she'll she'll feel better within the hour."

Henry narrowed his electric blue eyes at him,"There is no cure for magical exhaustion, besides rest."Henry replied dryly.

"There wasn't a cure until I invented one ten years ago," Avza replied and gave Henry a crisp nodded.

I groaned in defeat. "Henry, if I have to go I have to go. Someone may just have to carry me..."

Just then I felt something touch me and I looked up to see that Arnold's clay doll was reaching for me, its glowing white eyes staring down at me. I let out a small yelp and moved away from the outstretched hands of the clay monster.

"What are you doing!?" I cried.

"I'm going to carry you. You heard the lady that looks like you. We need to get you out of here and take you to the zombies so we can leave this boring world and go back to the cool magical one although..," he paused for a second, "this one is getting cooler. Zombies are cool and so is a bunch of Necromancers. I prefer dragons and man-eating-griffins though."

"I think Henry can carry me so thank you but no thank you," I replied.

Henry said a string of sentences so low that I strained to hear it, but despite my effort, they were just too quiet for my ears to catch.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"I said I dislocated my shoulder getting you off Nessie's back to come here and had to pop it back into place and now I can't carry anything heavy for a while. I need to rest it so if I have it  to fight."

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Meaning something heavy like me?"

He held up his hands in surrender, "You said it not me."

"No you aren't heavy, he's just weak," Arnold interrupted, which made Henry grind his teeth together, "That means something else stronger has to carry you. So my clay soldier will do it."

The thought of Arnold's doll carrying me held zero appeal for me.

"Well if we absolutely have to go now, I think I can walk. I feel a bit better," I lied and sat up and my head spun again and my stomach threatened again to make its inner contents outer. I swallowed deeply, "See I'm fine."

Avza appeared once again around the couch and offered me a clear bottle that held the same green liquid that had been in the cup.  Here drink some of what's in here and you really won't need anyone to carry you out."

I looked at the bottle full of the unappetizing looking liquid, and then thought about the even more unappetizing thought of Arnold's doll carrying me. "Sounds good to me," I took it and raised it to the doctor and chugged it. I winced when the liquid sliding down my throat began to burn. I looked up and met the eyes of Avza whom was watching me carefully.

"It does wonders but it is hard on the throat. I suggest drinking it in small sips," he said and handed me a lid to the bottle.

"Okay." I accepted the lid and screwed it on. I don't know if I was imagining it or what but I suddenly felt way way better. "I feel better already... wow thanks!" I said and I gave him a smile.