What To Wish For?

When they reached the grassy shores of Lake Lyn, the golden light of Raziel was gone. Jace and Clary sat on the ground, kissing, both of them perfectly alive.

It was simply impossible. It didn't make any sense, not a single bit of sense. Serena's knees had clicked. Alec's rune was gone. It had vanished for an extended period of time, much longer than any possible window to revive someone. Jace had been dead.

It was funny that a minute ago, she had been denying the fact that he was dead and now...well, now she didn't know what she felt. But she knew that something was still off. It didn't make any sense.

Despite that, a sigh of relief still shuddered through Serena's body at the sight of her baby brother, perfectly okay and without a single scratch on him.

Jace knew that if anyone was going to see through the lie he was about to tell, it was going to be his big sister. He was lucky, though, that something distracted her before she could pin him with that sisterly glare that made him incapable of lying to her.

Serena's blue eyes settled on a body that was lying still, cold and unmoving on the ground. A body that bore a face that haunted her nightmares and worst memories.

Valentine.

The morbid gash across his neck did look painful, even more so with the pathetic way his hand clutched his throat.

Still, despite that pain, Serena needed to be sure as her feet carried her toward him.

"This is for me, and my brother," she said softly as she pulled out her blade and began stabbing at Valentine's dead body. Over and over again she brought down her blade, Valetnine's cold blood spraying her jacket, but she didn't care. These hits weren't random either, each one was calculated and precise and designed to bring pain. Valentine had taught her that, just as she'd taught her about the spot on a man's back to pierce his heart and spine at once. Whether he was dead or alive, he needed to be in pain.

It was Izzy who was able to stop her. "He's dead, S. He's gone. He can't hurt either of you again," she promised softly as she coaxed the sword from Serena's hand. She then redirected her sister's attention to something else.

Jace was telling everyone else that he had no idea why Alec felt what he had and why his parabatai rune had completely disappeared before his eyes locked with his twin's and they ran for each other.

Serena almost tackled Jace to the ground. Her legs wrapped around his waist as she clung to him tightly. Jace squeezed her equally as tight as they both revelled in the fact that they had their other half back. Serena didn't even care that she was crying again. She had her baby brother back, her JJ, and he was ok.

"You were dead. I thought you were dead. You were dead," she sobbed into his shoulder as her face was buried into his neck. Jace's face was buried in her hair.

"You can't get rid of me that easy," he joked, and Serena laughed despite herself and Jace set her down, arms still wrapped around each other. When they pulled away, Serena was checking over her little brother for injuries when Alec's voice proclaimed,

"It's over. We won."