Jace Admits His Big Sister Was Right

The demonic energy that had corrupted the ley lines was still happening and it was much worse than they originally thought. When Lorenzo paid a visit to Magnus to accuse him of corrupting the ley lines, he'd blamed Magnus simply because Asmodeus was his father and he believed it to be his work. Serena had been privy to this fact as it had also been Lorenzo who dumped it on her, but it was fresh information for Alec. Still, it didn't sway him from the plan he'd invented.

They needed to know if it truly was Asmodeus's demonic magic that corrupted the ley lines and the only way to do that was by analysing the one underneath Lorenzo's house. Obviously, they couldn't Portal inside, so they were left with a good old-fashioned distraction tactic. Serena and Alec waltzed inside and had a painfully long drink with the warlock whilst Magnus snuck in to check the ley line.

However, when they all emerged and regrouped, the diagnosis was much worse than they'd thought. It wasn't Asmodeus's magic, but rather, a demon that was significantly more powerful, by which the likes of even Magnus had never seen.

To make matters worse, the corruption of the ley lines was spreading far beyond Lorenzo's house, in fact, it was affecting warlocks all over the city. Catarina had accidentally killed two hospital patients instead of saving them because of a shock wave coming over the ley line she was drawing from.

They had to fix this and they had to fix this fast. It was a good thing that they already had a plan.

"You're gonna use the angelic core? Are you serious?" Raj exclaimed as Serena and Alec gathered their Institute and briefed them on the plan.

"This is our only chance to stop the corruption," Alec returned.

"If we flood the ley lines with angelic energy, it will reverse the demonic corruption and put an end to this for good," Serena added.

"So, your plan is basically a divine Drano?" Clary remarked before Alec lifted his hand and a hologram of the Institute was formed on the table.

"The only problem is that the Institute is not built on any ley lines," Alec said and Raj had a smug look on his face.

"At least not yet," Serena spoke calmly as Raj's face fell. "That is why Magnus is here," she said as she flourished her hand to present the warlock whilst Alec changed the hologram on the table.

"I know a spell that will allow me to temporarily divert the flow of magic at the core. Once the ley line's in place, my Angel taps into the core with her own angelic powers and we can kiss the demonic corruption goodbye," Magnus explained as he waved his hand and gave a visual representation of ridding the ley lines of demonic energy.

"Right. What happens if a demon shock wave hits while you're using your magic?" Raj questioned. "The core...will be totally exposed."

"Well that doesn't look good," Jace commented as Raj changed the hologram to show the core being overrun with demon energy and exploding.

"JJ!" Serena snapped and he lowered his head.

"Sorry."

"If we're lucky, it'll only vapourize the Institute," Magnus said.

"And if we're not lucky?" Izzy wondered.

"Best not to think about that. But with my own source of angelic energy, that shouldn't happen," Magnus said as he pointed to Serena.

"This is a risk we have to take," Alec continued.

"The whole point of building the Institute away from any ley lines was to avoid something like this. Why not just quarantine the warlocks outside the city?" Raj suggested.

Sweet Little Serena (Rewrite)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara