1

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝘁
    𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

    𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝘁    𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

November, 2011

It all started as a challenge, or just a joke, between friends, but Sylwia never expected it to turn into the opportunity of a lifetime.

She, a young Polish girl, a soon-to-be graduated in sports from one of the most prestigious universities in the United States - obtained through a generous merit scholarship, now found herself in front of the WWE Performer Center in Orlando, Florida.

She had always been an athletic girl, since she was little she had practiced sports: swimming, dancing, boxing among many things, but wrestling? It wasn't even a very popular sport in her country, but Sylwia had become passionate about it during her first year in America. She certainly had no preparation in this regard, but when a group of friends proposed, almost jokingly, to sign up for the try-outs that WWE had just opened, she didn't have to be asked twice; after all, what did she have to lose? Sylwia never expected to actually be contacted by the company, that her request had been deemed suitable.

Despite this, she knew that it didn't mean she was guaranteed to receive an immediate contract, so as she took the first flight from California to Florida, she tried to keep her feet on the ground and not let her imagination start making whole mental films. Still, she couldn't contain her excitement.

How could she? Her father, in Poland, was certainly already preparing festoons and various celebrations throughout the city, showing off his pride for his daughter despite everything. Being called was already an achievement in itself, especially if you weren't used to that type of opportunity. Wojciech Wodiczko was not a man who expressed his emotions at all, but how could he hold back all that pride for his youngest daughter?

Her mother Jolanta, however, suggested that her daughter show up to the auditions with homemade pierogies; how can you go wrong with good food? Sylwia, obviously, listened to her mother's advices, 'cos she knew better.

So here she was, in the middle of a row of young aspiring superstars, full of dreams and hopes, with a large pan of pierogi in hand. Baking tray that did not go unnoticed, Sylwia even thought about offering them around, but quickly remembered that it wasn't them she had to impress.

There weren't many out there with her, most of them were all boys. Sylwia leaned back against the wall, wondering how much longer they had to wait, like desperate people out there.

Meanwhile, the parking lot was starting to fill up, indicating that the real superstars had arrived and were ready to train; Sylwia tried to remember the names of all the wrestlers she saw quickly, but she only recognized a few.

"I heard Vince McMahon is gonna be here today too!" A young boy started to murmur to people, causing some to ask how he knew such a thing. The boy simply shrugged. "Rumours fly." That was his simply reply.