23

𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

    𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀    𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

December 2016

Fate, despite everything, never seemed to separate Sylwia and Randy; not even with the brands extension imposed by the federation. Both athletes were drafted to Smackdown.

But the two hadn't had a real conversation since Randy showed up at the Polish girl's house a year earlier. He apologized for what happened, but they both moved on with their lives; or at least they tried to.

How had they gone from loving each other so much to repressing that feeling, suffering so much?

Randy had a daughter with Kim, his second and Kim's fourth daughter, and couldn't be happier to be a dad again; however, he often wondered, almost every day, what Sylwia would be like as his mother. She thought so, honestly, she knew that she would be perfect in that role too, even though the girl told him several times that having her children wasn't her priority.

What he wondered more was how their family together would have looked like. Would their kids look like more like her or him? He was also sure that she would have had the last word on everything, including the names. Polish names, he was sure of that.

But Sylwia was not his wife, neither the mother of his kids. It was Kim and Randy knew it was not right anymore to think such things.

The Polish girl, who had been crowned SmackDown Women's champion at the beginning of December, had also congratulated him when the news became known, and had even had him deliver a gift for the little girl, no matter how much she felt inside her. And she too used to think about how it could have been, having a family with Randy; but eventually she had to move on.

She couldn't have waited forever for something that seemed not meant to be.

Her professional life was going well, she was once again the holder of a champion belt, and her private life finally seemed to smile on her, after several first dates that were disappointing to say the least. Everything changed when, one evening at the end of November, when Randy had some time off for the birth of his daughter, the girl ran into an old acquaintance of hers in a bar in New York, after a live show.

Marek Czerniawski, that name ring a bell?

Her first boyfriend, the one she left before flying to live her American dream, the one Randy got jealous of at her graduation, the one who aesthetically looked like him.

And Marek still looked a lot like Randy, with his buzzcut and blue eyes, but, unlike the American, he had never put Sylwia second, or kept her in secret. Not when he was a boy, not now that he had become a businessman. He never had a doubt about her.

They began dating again, now that Marek had also found work in the United States, and three weeks later Sylwia already had an engagement ring on the ring finger of her right hand.